St Johns Community Centre Pumwani Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in Kenya
St Johns Community Centre Pumwani Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in Kenya The goal of St. John’s Community Centre (SJCC) is to empower communities by effectively addressing root causes of poverty and injustices for the attainment of sustainable livelihoods.
SJCC is working in partnership with Global Communities with the goal to create long-lasting, positive, and community-led change and build the capacity of communities and local organizations to direct the development of lives and livelihoods.
SJCC is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) in anticipation of the USAID-funded Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activities in Kenya.
The primary goal of the program will be to improve quality and increase the use of locally-led social services at the county level for OVC and adolescents.
The FAM will be responsible for financial management and administration for the LPSDA program.
The FAM will process and maintain records of the program budget, expenses, income, and routine financial reports.
The FAM will collaborate and report routinely to the program COP, DCOP, and to the SJCC Grants Administrator.
The FAM will advise on budget, provide recommendations for budget adjustment, liaise with financial institutions and project accounts, and assure that checks and balances are in place to provide transparency and accountability for project finances.
The FAM will also work collaboratively with the SJCC Monitoring and Evaluation team and the Global Communities Senior Advisor for Capacity Building to build and maintain systems that are compliant with donor compliance and reporting requirements and SJCC policies.
The FAM will communicate and collaborate with subrecipient project partners to support their financial capacity and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
The FAM should have the following professional skills and qualifications:
• The FAM should hold a Bachelor’s or certified accounting degree in business accounting, finance, or commerce with qualification as a Certified Public Accountant and with eight years of experience in financial management of non-governmental programs.
• A minimum of five years of experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large scale, complex, international development programs.
• Five years of experience with United States Government (USG) donor program requirements and compliance for financial and grants management.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing large budgets, relevant computer applications and databases, and systems for monitoring and reporting.
• Additional skills for preferred candidates will include experience and participation in continuous program quality improvement, problem-solving, and innovative results-driven management systems development to deliver program results and donor reporting.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English with proficiency in Swahili preferred.
The FAM should have the following personal skills and qualifications:
• Ethical conduct according to recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
• Detail-oriented and problem-solver.
• Self-starter and self-motivated, hardworking, results-oriented, and passionate for quality of work.
• Willing to travel to program sites throughout the area targeted, as needed, to support the program.
How to Apply
• Send email with the following documents attached to: Sarah
• Karanja, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letter that explains why you think you are well-qualified for the job
• Resume or CV showing the necessary qualifications, skills, and expertise
• Three professional references (including email and phone numbers) for current/past work
Note: It is important for candidates to follow these instructions to be considered for the position!
Applications must be received in the mail by 5pm on Wednesday 10th June 2020.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.