St Johns Community Centre Pumwani Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
St Johns Community Centre Pumwani Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya The goal of St. John’s Community Centre (SJCC) is to empower communities by effectively addressing root causes of poverty and injustices for the attainment of sustainable livelihoods.
SJCCis working in partnership with Global Communities with the goal to create long-lasting, positive, and community-led change and build the capacity of communities and local organizations to direct the development of lives and livelihoods.
SJCC is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) in anticipation of the USAID-funded Local Partner ServiceDelivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activities in Kenya.
The primary goal of the program will be to improve quality and increase the use of locally-led social services at the county level for OVC and adolescents.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide and maintain program vision, oversight, strategic leadership,and guidance for the SJCC LPSDA program in collaboration with Global Communities and other program partners.
The COP will be responsible to organize and coordinate program activities and be accountable for delivering program results.
Qualifications and Experience
The COP should have the following professional skills and qualifications:
• A Master’s degree in public administration, public health, or related field suitable forprogram administrative duties.
• A minimum of ten years of experience in managing U.S. government or other donor-fundedmulti-partner programs with demonstrated experience in team supervision and management,activity planning, performance management, capacity building activities, and developmentand tailoring to partner program needs.
Additional skills for preferred candidates will include experience and participation in continuous program quality improvement, problem-solving,and innovative results-driven management systems development to deliver program results and donor reporting.
• A minimum of five years of experience in administering HIV/AIDS and OVC programs in Eastern Africa, with a preference for Kenya experience.
• Experience in developing and mentoring professional relationships with in-country stakeholders, including local and national government, non-governmental partners, and private sector partners.
• Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively withhost government agencies, donors, civil society, and community-based organizations (CBO).
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English with proficiency in Swahili preferred.
The COP should have the following personal skills and qualifications:
• Ethical conduct according to recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
• Team mentor, capacity-builder, and problem-solver.
• Self-starter and self-motivated, hardworking, creative, passionate for quality of work
• Resourceful, innovative, results-oriented.
• Willing to travel to program sites throughout the area served to support the program.
How to Apply
• Send email with the following documents attached to: Sarah
• Karanja, email@example.com.
• Cover letter that explains why you think you are well-qualified for the job
• Resume or CV showing the necessary qualifications, skills, and expertise
• Three professional references (including email and phone numbers) for current/past work
Note: It is important for candidates to follow these instructions to be considered for the position!
Applications must be received in the mail by 5pm on Wednesday 10th June 2020.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.