SPARC Business Development Lead Jobs in Kenya
SPARC Business Development Lead Jobs in Kenya
• Under the leadership of the Program Manager, the Business Development Lead will drive SPARC’s effort towards achieving a financially sustainable organization with the compliment of required resources (Relationships, technical and financial) to generate demand for SPARC’s offerings continuously.
• The Business Development Lead will identify business development and partnership opportunities, pursue, and harness those opportunities for SPARC. He/She will also support the development of SPARC’s product/service offerings working with SPARC’s pillar leads. Under the guidance of the program manager, the BDL will support the development of relevant tools, processes and systems that will ensure a systematic implementation and institutionalization of SPARC’s Business Development and Partnership Approach.Principal responsibilities are detailed below:Principal ResponsibilitiesDemand Generation & Business Development
• Spearhead proposal development to secure funding and business for SPARC.
• Support the development and patronage of SPARC’s fee-based product offerings.
• Liaise with the marketing and communications team to increase awareness of SPARC and its programs.
• Conduct prospecting visits to donor/partner Offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
• Maintain ongoing communication with potential partners and other key stakeholders to identify and pursue growth opportunities.
• Support SPARC’s program pillars to identify and market financially viable products/services.
• Continuously scan the environment (USAID grant schedule etc) to identify opportunities for SPARC through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
• Manage pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation.
• Manage major solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
• Represent SPARC’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
• Contribute to the expansion of SPARC’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.
• Support development of SPARC’s Sustainability Strategy Collaboration.
• Establish and maintain partnerships with government teams, relevant institutions, and program partners.
• Liaise with Amref Partnerships and BD teams to leverage funding opportunities Amref Country offices.
• Explore opportunities for joint financial bids with Amref and other partnersDonor Liaison
• Develop and continuously update a donor register for key areas of SPARC’s work, including the Bilingual approach.
• Support communication with donors and other financial partners.
• Liaise with donors to identify potential areas of donor support for SPARC activities and to create partnerships that foster effective use of skills and resources.Partnership
• Develop and implement a global partnership strategy as aligned with and contributing to SPARC’s overall strategic objectives.
• Strategically identify and develop key partner relationships that support the advocacy of strategies that accelerate strategic purchasing.
• Contribute to the development
and implementation of SPARC’s strategic plan to improve its visibility through key NGOs partnerships.
• Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders, members, groups and governments on the importance and effective methods of partner engagement for proposed SPARC projectsRequired Qualifications and CompetenciesMinimum Education
• Master’s Degree preferred in Public Health, Health Economics, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant fields. Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work and international development field experience will be considered.Experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in grant making, business development and/or partnership development for similar initiatives or in a development/NGO setting.Competencies
• Strong international development and program/project management background; knowledge of UHC, health financing and/or health economics is a bonus.
• Demonstrated proposal writing and grant making skills, with verifiable success.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a variety of internal and external settings, and at different levels including the gravitas and carriage to publicly represent the Institute at all levels.
• Superior consultation, diplomacy, influencing and negotiating skills; ability to explain complex concepts in layman’s language, in a clear, convincing, and organized manner.
• Display exceptional listening and analytical skills to understand clients’ needs and concerns and the ability to respond promptly and effectively to these needs.
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to take initiative and solve problems independently; proven ability to design, implement, manage, and make sound business decisions; ability to analyze issues and use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
• Proven project management capability and knowledge; ability to develop goals and plans; allocate resources accordingly and prioritise work to meet deadlines and budget.
• High level of self-motivation and standards with the ability to multi-task; balancing “strategic thinking” with “doing”; Ability to set priorities and handle multiple competing time and resource demands; Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with cross cultural teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products at expert level.
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho etc).
• Willingness to travel within the region and across the African continent.
• Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in English. Knowledge of French would be an asset.How to Apply For more information and job application details, see; SPARC Business Development Lead Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!