SOS Internal Auditor Jobs in Uganda
SOS Internal Auditor Jobs in UgandaPosition Summary Internal Auditor is to provide overall support and assistance to the organization regarding leadership, management and supervision.
S/he is required to ensure timely, appropriate and informed planning organization, coordination of the risk management and internal audit activities for the organization, direct and control the functions of internal audit and Risk Management Unit.
She/he is responsible for assessing existing risks using up to date risk assessment methodology, assist and advise Senior Management about current and emerging risk exposures, based on the assessment, rank them in overall companywide perspective.
She/he is required to identify financial and operational, lead the review and appraisal of the system of internal control system within the National office to give reasonable assurance on adherence to acceptable standards, policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
S/he is expected to independently and objectively analyse, and provide assistance on strategic and technical counsel as it relates to risk management and internal audit to ensure the effective stewardship of the organization’s resources.
The Internal Auditor is a key advisor to the organization’s Senior Management Team.
And ensures the technical integrity and clear presentation of audit and risk findings and recommendations, providing advice on policy and implementation of audit recommendations throughout the organization.
General Aim of the Position:
Follow the SOS International auditing policy and procedure guidelines and accepted auditing standards, prepares and submits SOS Children’s Villages Uganda auditing policies and procedures for the approval of SOS-CV Uganda Management.
As per the audit policies and procedures of SOS Children’s Villages Uganda, carries out planned auditing activities in the various functions and programs of SOS-CV Uganda to ensure adherence to policies, regulations and procedures in the execution of respective tasks in relation to personnel, purchases, accounting practices, etc**
Principle Tasks & Responsibilities
Policies and Procedures
● Following the SOS International auditing policy and procedure guidelines and accepted auditing standards, prepares and submits SOS Children’s Villages Uganda Internal audit procedures for the approval of SOS-CV Uganda Board of Trustees with prior information of SOS Children’s Villages Uganda Management.
● On the basis of practical needs, studies and suggests improvements to the SOS Children’s Villages Uganda auditing policies and procedures.
Develop internal audit charter, annual audit plan, audit programs, audit engagement letters and update them while required.
Prepare individual work plan and share with his/her supervisor for approval on annual basis.
Regular review and Verify the existence and adequacy of internal control system in place to safeguard organizational assets achieve efficiency, effectiveness and economy in operations and ensure SOS-CV Uganda is operating within government regulations.
As per the audit policies and procedures of SOS-CV Uganda, carries out planned auditing activities in the various functions and programs of SOS-CV Uganda to ensure adherence to policies, regulations and procedures in the execution of respective tasks including employment, promotion, transfer, etc. of personnel, purchases, accounting practices, etc.
Examines books of accounts to check correctness and completeness of accounting documents, proper and timely recording of transactions.
Examines and ensures the accuracy and completeness of financial and accounting reports.
Provides an advisory role as required to SOS Children’s Villages Uganda programs in establishing internal control system.
Systematically keeps record of all SOS Children’s Villages Uganda policies, regulations and procedures.
Provides advice to the senior leadership team members, as necessary and as requested, on policy, regulation and procedural issues.
Assesses external auditor’s comments and suggestions and make sure necessary adjustments, corrections and amendments are made as suggested.
Compiles and submits internal audit reports with necessary suggestions and recommendations for improvements.
Performs other similar duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor such as investigations following whistle blower and forensic audit requests.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competences
● The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from reputable institution
● A professional certification in a similar field and additional trainings in Auditing will be an added advantage
● At least 6 years relevant working experience in Accounting and Auditing from a reputable organisation/setting preferably in an NGO will be of great advantage.
● Good knowledge and sound understanding of the Internal Auditors International Professional Practices and Audit standards.
● Must have good analytical thinking skills.
● Must have sound judgement and exercise the principle of confidentiality at all times.
● Ability to work well in a team comprised of people with diverse cultural and disciplinary backgrounds. S/he should have strong leadership and good communication skills.
● The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to initiate new ideas and willing to travel across our project locations from time to time
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Thursday 25th June 2020:
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to:
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.