SOS Fund Development Manager Jobs in Uganda
SOS Fund Development Manager Jobs in UgandaPosition Summary The main aim of the Fund Development Manager is to pursue opportunities countrywide to cover the National Associations’ running costs and investments in order to increase the financial self-sufficiency of the National Association by fundraising activities of all kind.
S/he will develop fundraising, public relations plans and strategies to market and promote the organisation.
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for fulfilling the business plan of the National Association.
S/he reports to the National Director.
Principle Tasks & Responsibilities
Develop, implement and evaluate the fundraising Strategy for the National Association
● Sets the strategic direction of the fundraising role in the organisation.
● Prepares a thorough fundraising plan indicating concrete actions and targets to be achieved on an annual basis.
● Provides advice to the National Director on opportunities for increasing the public profile of SOS CV Uganda potential funding and sponsorship opportunities from charitable foundations, trusts, the community, business, corporate, government sectors as well as individuals.
● Responsible for the national fundraising activities of SOS CV Uganda. Coordinates the fundraising activities of the villages and other facilities.
● Evaluate and review the fundraising strategy at least every quarter, ensuring that set targets are met to a greater extent.
Secures financial and in-kind support from external bodies and individuals
● Researches potential donors companies and organisations which can be approached for funding to SOS programmes. Establishes contact with the targeted organisations, also gaining contact information of the responsible persons.
● Prepares fundraising proposals and financial projections on a quarterly basis, highlighting the needs and funds required.
● Leads the development of proposals to the relevant individuals, companies and organisations, ensuring adequate follow up of placed proposals.
● Evaluates activities against key performance indicators and uses the information gained to improve and raise net income.
● Documents, and keeps records, databases, results and experiences of all interactions and dealings with funding organisations and companies to ensure continuity and inform future decisions and actions.
● Plans fundraising activities for Children’s Villages and projects in conjunction with project managers.
● Develops and implements publicity / fundraising presentations to willing corporate companies, organisations and individuals.
● Liaises with external individuals or companies assisting SOS in raising funds or other support.
Promotes Public Relations
● Coordinates with the project managers and other key staff to support any public relations activities which concern the work of SOS Children’s Villages Uganda. **
● Prepares communication to the external publics, ensuring that all messages to the media or any other body reflect the image required by the organisation, and gains the National Director’s approval.**
● Coordinates any special fundraising or public relations events and looks out for future opportunities in the same line. Attends any external functions which would be of benefit to the activities of the organisation.**
● Ensures that the Children’s Villages and other projects regularly submit articles to the National Office for inclusion in any newsletters also liaising with the Regional Office (Nairobi) through the regional editor on such matters.**
● In consultation with the National Director, handles all issues of publicity or queries from the public.**
● Leads the development of publicity materials and ensures that adequate stocks of marketing support materials are available.**
● Develops and maintains an archive of National Association activities and special events such as photographs, PR- FR materials, etc.**
● Coordinates special events of the National Association.**
Brand development and Brand Orientation:
● Actively drive the process of brand strengthening, ensuring that the National Association gets a strategic focus with clear and measurable goals for brand development in line with the continental strategic brand plan.**
● Conducts brand orientation sessions, trainings and workshops for new and continuing staff, ensuring that the brand concept is explained and that the contents are clear to all staff teams.**
● Addresses brand relates issues from various staff teams.**
● Actively participates in the international flow of information (experience exchange), collecting good practices and sharing them with the brand team**
● In consultation with the National Director, ensures that adequate resources are planned and priorities set for the required brand development activities. **
● Work to ensure that the promotion of the brand is incorporated in the whole National Association planning structure, working to achieve the full benefits of a strong brand**
● Takes charge of printing for all branded materials which is to be done centrally by the National Office, following submission of requests by various projects and subsequent express approval by the National Director. **
Administrative and Management Roles
· Keeps the National Director and Board of Trustees informed of all Public Relations/Fundraising events planned, and ensures the necessary approval of activities and related budgets**
● Works closely with the Children’s Village Administrators & finance departments to ensure that funds and in-kind donations received are recorded and dealt with as required by policy guidelines. **
● Keeps records and databases of all association with funding organisations and companies and submits timely reports and plans as required.**
● Carries out all duties in accordance with the financial and administrative policies of SOS Children’s Villages Uganda.**
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competences
● The ideal candidate should have a Master’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication, public relations and Business Administration majoring in marketing or related field from reputable institution
● A professional certification in a similar field and additional trainings in resource mobilization, fund raising, proposal development, public relations management will be an added advantage
● At least 5 years relevant working experience in leading resource mobilization and fund raising initiatives in a reputable organisation/setting. Additional experience in NGO community funded programmes including raising funds locally, donations in kind will be of great advantage.
● Good knowledge and sound understanding of current funding environments including corporate, media management is desirable.
● Must have a high sense of Integrity.
● Ability to work well in a team comprised of people with diverse cultural and disciplinary backgrounds. S/he should have strong leadership and good communication skills.
● The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to initiate new ideas and willing to travel across our project locations from time to time
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Thursday 25th June 2020:
The Head Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to:
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.