SOS Children’s Villages Sponsorship Officer Jobs in Kenya
SOS Children’s Villages Sponsorship Officer Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsSOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
Key Functions of the Job
The Sponsorship Officer will undertake various duties to maintain good relationship with international sponsors which include but not limited to the following:
• Ensure all communication is participatory and reflects the child’s voice.
• Ensure the children and young persons all reports prepared during the year are a real reflection of their holistic development, high quality and engaging to the recipients both internal and external.
• Download and print all reports from DSapp for all sponsors. Prepare and edit Christmas mail to be dispatched to the sponsor together with the End of year report.
• Ensure accuracy and timely dispatch of information to both the sponsors and the facilities.
• Ensure that all the new children admitted to the villages are properly and timely registered into the DSapp.
• Attend to all correspondence from the International Office, the sponsors, and the children promptly as stipulated.
• Prepare child profiles as per international office requests
• Screen parcels and letters from sponsors and dispatch them to respective facilities on a quarterly basis.
• Review departure notices prepared by program sponsorship Assistant, verify the information included on the document is valid and file it accordingly.
• Systematically build and nurture relationships with International sponsors to ensure long term support.
• Ensure teamwork is adhered to within the department and the entire co-workers.
• Support the children and young persons to understand their responsibility in contributing towards the Sponsorship program while carrying out the sponsorship M&E.
• Writes memos, takes minutes of sponsorship meetings and gives replies to general queries as instructed.
• Sorts out information for the purpose of children progress sponsorship letters from other sources at the national office.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
• A diploma in business/ communication related discipline
• A bachelor’s degree in business or related disciplines will be an added advantage
• At least three (3) years relevant experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Photography skills will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience in handling sponsorship activities in a child -focused organizations will be an added advantage.
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong report writing skills
• High standards of conduct and ethics as well as integrity, appropriate judgment, independence and confidentiality.
• Personal organization and planning skills; ability to organize and prioritize
How to Apply
This position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 4th April 2020 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.