SOS Children's Villages Fund Development Manager - National Office Jobs in Uganda
SOS Children's Villages Fund Development Manager - National Office Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsSOS Children's Villages is an independent, locally registered, child focused, social development non-governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children.
Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60.000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities.
Works in partnership with a number of donors, institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD).
Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/ Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH).
Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL - Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies.
The Fund Development Manager is responsible for pursuing opportunities countrywide to cover the National Associations' running costs and investments in order to increase the financial self-sufficiency of the National Association by fundraising activities of all kinds.
S/he will develop fundraising, public relations plans and strategies to market and promote the organisation.
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for fulfilling the business plan of the National Association and s/he reports to the National Director.
The job holder should have:
• Develop, implement and evaluate the fundraising Strategy for the National Association.
• Secures financial and in-kind support from external bodies and individuals.
• Promotes Public Relations.
• Brand development and Brand Orientation.
• Carries out Administrative and Management Roles.
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Master's Degree/ Bachelor's Degree in Mass communication, public relations and Business Administration majoring in marketing or related field from reputable institution; (b) A professional certification in a similar field and additional trainings in resource mobilization, fund raising, proposal development, public relations management will be an added advantage;
• 5 years relevant working experience in leading resource mobilization and fundraising initiatives in a reputable organisation/setting. Additional experience in NGO community funded programmes including raising funds locally, donations in kind will be of great advantage;
• Good knowledge and sound understanding of current funding environments including corporate, media management is desirable.
• Must have high Integrity.
Desired Experience and Qualification
Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, self-motivated, able to initiate new ideas and willing to travel across our project locations from time to time.
Master's Degree/ Bachelor's Degree
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Thursday 25th June 2020:
The Head, Human Resource and Administration
SOS Children's Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.