Somero Project Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Somero Project Accountant Jobs in UgandaJob Summary The applicant shall maintain high standards of financial management and reporting for the Joining Forces project implemented in both Busia and Bugiri districts.
The applicant shall ensure the Accountancy Function delivers on the agreed objectives as per the annual approved Work plan. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting and Finance
● Ensuring prompt and accurate accounting for all project income and expenditure using Quick books or Excel templates provided by the donor and carrying out monthly reconciliations.
● Maintaining full, accurate and detailed hard copy records at the field site for each and every project transaction on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis for donor verification.
● Ensuring enough cash available for smooth implementation of the projects by preparing and submitting monthly cash forecasts to the Somero Kampala office.
● Ensuring all project procurement is carried out in adherence to Somero Uganda’s procurement procedures.
Reporting of financial performance
● Collating and submitting all transaction accountabilities and reports on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis to the donor for physical verification
● Working with the Finance and Administration manager (based in Kampala) to ensure that all donor reporting requirements are met.
● Advising the Program Officer on relevant budgetary control measures to address any identified weakness in policy and or practice.
● Undertaking any other duties as reasonably requested by the program Officer.
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ The ideal candidate should hold an Accounting degree or its equivalent.
▪ Minimum of 3 years of general accounting experience with management experience desirable
▪ 2 years’ experience in nonprofit sector desirable
▪ Should at least have one professional accounting package
How to Apply
Please submit a detailed CV and your letter of motivation stating your expected renumeration, email, telephone contacts, name and full contact details of three referees to
Please write “TDH-Joining Forces; Project Accountant” or “TDHJoining Forces; Project Officer-(Duty station)” respectively depending on the position you are applying for.
Application deadline: 16/07/20 by 5:00PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
N.B: Somero Uganda is an equal opportunities
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.