Sokowatch Finance Manager Jobs in Uganda
Sokowatch Finance Manager Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsSokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services.
By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable.
Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time.
We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
The Finance Manager will undertake all aspects of financial management for Sokowatch at a country level, including financial reporting, local tax compliance management and countrywide audits..
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce financial reports related to budgets, accounts payable, accounts receivables, expenses, etc.
• Review, monitor and manage budgets
• Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
• Oversee fixed assets register
• Predict and monitor financial trends
• Report and liaise with leadership regarding all financial activities in the assigned market
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax declarations, including payroll, operating and business taxes
• Prepare monthly financial statements for reporting to management
• Deliver fully auditable financial statements to external auditors
• Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Skills
• The applicant must hold a Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; preference ACCA or CPA
• 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international accounting firm
• Prior work experience across East African markets preferred
• Negotiation skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• High degree of proficiency with accounting and administration software, preferably Quickbooks
• A collaborative team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
• Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Sokowatch Finance Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.