SoCha M&V Consultants Jobs in Kenya
SoCha M&V Consultants Jobs in KenyaCompany profile SoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges.
We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub for Southern Hemisphere international organizations.
SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia.
Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
To support USAID/Kenya East Africa (KEA) to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work:
The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a consultant to serve as consultant/team member to support in-person and/or remote site visits of USAID activities being implemented by its partners in specific counties in Kenya.
The consultant will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to the M&V Coordinator or a designated Team Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant or team member will support the team leader in undertaking the following tasks:
● Undertake a desk review of implementing partner’s documentation.
● Support site visit planning, coordination, and logistics.
● Support the methodological development, inclusive of developing data collection tools.
● Undertake qualitative and quantitative data collection.
● Support qualitative and quantitative data analysis and high-level report writing.
● Co-facilitate briefing/meetings with USAID and partner staff on findings.
● Participate in regular check-in calls with USAID staff, as required.
The following deliverables will be required:
● Scopes of work, inclusive of proposed methodology and data collection tools
● Desk and document review of available materials
● Qualitative and quantitative datasets
● High-quality reports inclusive of sound and robust data collection
● Presentation of findings to USAID and other invested stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
● Minimum of post-graduate qualifications in social sciences, monitoring and evaluation, statistics, economics or any other relevant fields.
● Over three years of experience in undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation.
● More than two years of experience working on USAID projects.
● Experience in writing high quality reports.
● Experience in dissemination to high level stakeholders.
● Strong communication skills, excellent client relations.
Kenya, with a preference for individuals living or able to travel to the following counties: Kitui, Makueni, Taita Taveta, Kakamega, Bungoma, Vihiga, Busia, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Migori, Kisii, and Siaya.
LOE or Contract Length:
The consultant is expected to start working in August 2020, for a period of approximately 30-40 days over a period of three months
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; SoCha M&V Consultants Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.