SoCha LLC Nutrition Specialist Jobs in Kenya
SoCha LLC Nutrition Specialist Jobs in KenyaCompany profileSoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges.
We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub
for Southern Hemisphere international organizations.
SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia.
Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
To support USAID/Kenya East Africa (KEA) to align programming toward promoting self-reliance outcomes, SoCha LLC has recently been awarded and will implement a two-year (optional three-year) mission support program to enable USAID to pivot into this journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
To support this journey, the
J2SR program will support USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work
The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a consultant to serve as a short-term
nutrition specialist to support and advice on remote monitoring of USAID activities being implemented by its partners in specific counties in Kenya.
The consultant will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to the M&V Manager and/or the designated Team Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
The consultant will support the team leader in undertaking the following tasks
● Undertake a desk review of implementing partner’s reports
● Support planning and coordination of remote site visit process.
● Support in developing activity scope of work
● Support in the development of methodology and data collection tools
● Provide oversight on qualitative and quantitative data analysis for nutrition-related monitoring
● Write high-quality reports inclusive of sound and robust data collection
● Partake in presentation of findings to USAID and other invested stakeholders
● Co-facilitate briefing/meetings with USAID and partner staff on findings.
● Participate in regular check-in calls with USAID staff, as required.
The following deliverables will be required
● Input on the monitoring scope of work and methodology
● Nutrition-related monitoring tools
● Quantitative and qualitative data analysis
● High-level report on nutrition outcomes
● Presentation of findings to USAID and other relevant stakeholders
Minimum qualifications and experience
● Minimum of post-graduate qualifications in nutrition, food sciences, public health or related fields
(specialized training in nutrition is required)
● Five to eight years of progressively responsible experience in the area of nutrition
● Experience working on or with USAID projects is preferred
● Experience in writing high quality reports.
● Experience in dissemination to high level stakeholders.
● Strong communication skills, excellent client relations.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; SoCha LLC Nutrition Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.