SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Project Advisor, Agriculture Jobs in Kenya
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Project Advisor, Agriculture Jobs in KenyaJob Description The scope of work in Kenya will cover strengthening and facilitating formation of VBN (Vegetable Business Networks) among smallholder farmers especially the youth. The Program Advisor will work within the Veggies4Jobs team and report to the Project Manager. .
• Responsible for the implementation of the Veggies project outputs and activities
• Develop the various KPI metrics for use based on the Veggies framework in measurement and reporting on jobs and income created among the VBNs.
• Implementation of capacity development interventions for VBNs in the vegetable growing enterprises with regards to technical knowledge
• Coordinate various inputs to VBNs by other project resource people and partners; SNV advisors, research institutions, and other partner organizations.
• Regularly monitor results and internal budgets as per donor and SNV requirements and through continuous risk management efforts;
• Coordinate and foster collaboration with SNV Ethiopia which is also implementing the Veggies program;
• Provide support to link country activities on vegetable and nutrition security theme to enterprise development and job creation activities and profiling in Kenya;
• Contribute to knowledge development, in particular regarding evidence based advocacy targeting engagement with GOK;
• Profile and position SNV towards potentially interested donors for vegetable enterprise development beyond for the specific theme and ensure additional funding through submission of successful proposals.
• Stakeholder Mapping and Selection; selection of model farmers, farmers, input suppliers, product up-takers and other service providers based agreed criteria
• Designing vegetable production and business models fitting to the job creation ecosystem
• Training of VBN farmers on vegetable production and marketing models
• Facilitating farmer learning and knowledge development through field days and exchange visits;
• Supporting establishment/strengthening farmer aggregation and marketing enterprises
• Preparing periodical project reports
• Degree in a relevant discipline; Agribusiness, Horticulture, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship; Master's degree will be an added advantage.
• Thorough and up to date knowledge of academic and donor thinking in the respective thematic field like youth employment and enterprise development;
• Four (4) years' work experience in an international (development) organization and sound experience in thematic area of working with smallholder farmers on horticulture production and markets;
• Technical knowledge and familiarity in specific topics of value chain development for small holder farmer's production, markets, food safety, food losses, resilience etc.
• Skills in agriculture market systems approaches and value chain development processes; including stakeholder engagement; the public sector actors, Research institutions, private sector and consumer organisations.
• Experience with Capacity Development of farmer organizations;
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a multicultural teams;
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and experience working in a matrix organization;
• Ability to travel to project locations
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Project Advisor, Agriculture Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.