SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Consultancy - Gender Expert, Agriculture Jobs in Kenya
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Consultancy - Gender Expert, Agriculture Jobs in KenyaJob Description SNV would like to hire a consultant to support gender activities for the CRAFT project in Kenya. .
Tasks for the Consultant
• Conduct Gender sensitive mapping for each business case in the selected value chains - green grams, potato, sorghum and beans using the gender tools that will be provided by the project. This will involve identifying factors of the environment such as the policy and regulatory framework, infrastructures, etc., the support services available in the market system and their gender/age responsiveness
• Carry out gender/youth analysis to identify constraints and opportunities for women and youth participation along the value chain and develop possible strategic actions needed to ensure equitable outcomes for men and women in the project and to address underlying structural bottlenecks to gender equity in accessing opportunities for Climate Smart Agriculture adoption. This will include how best to support women in leadership positions and develop their skills? Understanding female farmers' roles in the value chain, constraints and opportunities and how best to include them in project activities, and which barriers might prevent female farmers from benefitting from the project? This should focus on CRAFT specific value chains and business cases.
• Implement the Women Empowerment Agricultural Index (WEAI) survey, analysis and report writing
• Support project staff to assess CS practices and technologies on gender responsiveness
• Conducting gender mapping will involve going to the field to conduct the exercise with the different actors to understand what gender and youth issues are coming are experienced in each stage. The consultant will use the tool that will be provided by CRAFT project, s/he will apply the tool in collaboration with technical staff. The consultant will document findings of the gender mapping exercise and submit a report to SNV
• Analysis of gender constraints and opportunities for women and youth within the business case and value chains, across the micro, meso and macro level
• The consultant will work with project team and value chain actors to analyze constraints and opportunities. The consultant will compile a report detailing all constraints and opportunities available for each business case.
• The consultant will conduct the WEAI survey using the agreed upon tool by SNV. The consultant will conduct the training of the enumerators, contribute to the review of the WEAI tool, supervise data collection during the field work, analyze the data and compile a report for each case.
• Work with project staff to assess CS practices and technologies on gender responsiveness. This will be conducted alongside the gender mapping exercise in order to manage time. The consultant will compile a report detailing gender sensitivity and responsiveness for the different CS practices and technologies.
• The successful consultant will be required to work in collaboration with other consultants nominated by the CRAFT Project Management Unit
• Master's degree especially in the area of Agriculture or related humanities with a bias in gender issues.
• Experience in gender mainstreaming in agricultural projects
• Experience preparing technical reports
The consultancy will cover a period of 6 months with the level of effort per business case being 10 Days per business case, covering the inception report, administration of the tools and report writing. A contract that allows flexibility to deliver results when a business case emerges will be agreed upon with the consultant.
The Consultant will be supervised by the SNV Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor (primary supervision), the Country Project Manager and the project Management Unit (PMU).
Shortlisted candidates will receive an email with a call for proposal shortly after advertisement closing date
Scoring of proposals will be done by a dedicated selection committee that will take into account the technical (maximum score 70%) as well as the financial proposal (maximum score 30%).
The Consultant shall be paid on the basis of actual number of days worked on each business case subject to the maximum anticipated level of effort of 10 days and after submission and approval of the reports. Consultancy fees are subject to a prevailing tax laws on provision of consultancy services in Kenya.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; SNV Netherlands Development Organisation Consultancy - Gender Expert, Agriculture Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.