SIHA Network Communications Officer Jobs in Uganda
SIHA Network Communications Officer Jobs in UgandaProfile SIHA is looking for a savvy Communications Officer to come aboard our organization for a dynamic employment opportunity.
The Communications Officer will ensure effective implementation of SIHA’s communication and advocacy strategy, media relations and organizational outreach efforts.
Central to this function will be the provision of communications support to Advocacy and Communications Division and curation of SIHA’s social media interaction across a multitude of platforms under the direct supervision of the Regional Advocacy and Communications Officer.
If you've got your finger on the pulse of communications trends, social media, research and/or advocacy, you're exactly what we're looking for.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the Communications and Advocacy division in the following tasks:
• Implement ongoing development and maintenance of the SIHA website and other organizational online platforms like Wikipedia; **
• Assist with the preparation and production of communication materials, including fast facts brochures, newsletters and publications;**
• Update SIHA Network social media on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements;**
• Assist in executing any campaigns and events that the SIHA Network Communications and Advocacy division undertake;**
• Provide support in developing press and public statements capturing key messages of SIHA Network’s work; **
• Contribute towards the development of new vectors of communication to support the Communications and Advocacy division;**
• Assist in planning and implementing new initiatives from the division;**
• Assist in writing press releases and feature articles related to activities/events;**
• Assist the RACO and the rest of the division and programme with any other duties as may be assigned;**
Qualifications and Experience
Strong expertise in Information Technology (IT) with a focus on software skills and content management systems like WordPress; digital tools and social media platforms;
Strong communication skills;
Have at least 3 to 5 years of work experience in the field of gender and advocacy in a civil society environment;
• University degree in the field of IT, communications, journalism or equivalent;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English is mandatory;
• Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
• Ability to write clearly and concisely;
• Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds;
• Proactive and practical-minded
• Team Player
• Excellent writing skills
• Quick learner
• Good computer skills
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, to SIHA’s Human Resources Department
email@example.com before 24th July 2020. Please enter “Application Materials: Communications Officer”.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you for your interest in joining SIHA!
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.