Senior Manager, Classroom Africa Jobs in Kenya
Senior Manager, Classroom Africa Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe African Wildlife Foundation, together with the people of Africa, works to ensure the wildlife and wild lands of Africa will endure forever.
The Senior Manager of Classroom Africa will be responsible for overseeing the strategy development and implementation of Phase 2 of the program while ensuring that ongoing support through conservation education activities, partnership development, and fundraising are provided for six schools in DR Congo, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Required capabilities for this position are a strong commitment to the program and organization by the willingness to travel 50% of the time; being a team player with interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to work and communicate with staff, senior management, donors, and/or trustees.
Experience managing a large (5 – 7 ongoing projects) multi-million dollar portfolio is necessary
Adaptability, flexibility, and commitment to the strategy are all necessary attributes.
Development of new strategy for Classroom Africa
Lead the development of a new strategy for Classroom Africa that:
Takes into consideration the successes and challenges experienced during the ‘first phase’ of Classroom Africa
Aligns with and helps implement AWF’s new strategy
Aligns closely with AWF’s priority landscape programs in Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, and Cameroon
Aims to maximize and expand on the conservation impact of Classroom Africa interventions and engagements
Engage with senior management, key landscape managers and Country Directors in the development of the new strategy
Present and receive feedback on the program to strengthen the strategy
• Support fundraising efforts for effective implementation of the new strategy.
Manage and expand the Classroom Africa program
• Develop and oversee the implementation of work plans for the Classroom Africa program.
• Integrate program-planning documents to the chosen program management system for general operations, new school development and ongoing support for each school.
• Ensure project plans are updated on a weekly basis to set priorities and ensure effective management of the program.
• Track progress of project activities by following work plans and leading weekly progress meetings with the team.
• Coordinate school project activities with Classroom Africa team members and AWF field teams.
• Ensure program strategies are adhered to and updated as needed.
• Supervise Construction Project Manager to ensure any school infrastructure projects align with Classroom Africa’s new strategy, are thoughtfully identified and coordinated through country programs.
• Support any maintenance activities of ongoing schools by developing and adhering to maintenance plans.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Senior Manager, Classroom Africa Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.