Senior accountant – Uganda National Cultural Centre Jobs in Uganda
Senior accountant – Uganda National Cultural Centre Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the JobTo provide routine financial management and accounting services and produce periodic financial reports in the Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures that all the Accounting records are upto-date and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.)
• Maintains an up-to-date Fixed Assets Register
• Control of main and subsidiary accounts and maintained.
• Verifying financial statements and payments.
• Preparing periodic financial statements statements and reconciliation.
• Providing technical support to the Organisations on financial matters.
• Supervising and controlling revenue collection and expenditures of the Centre.
• Preparing expenditure estimates for the Centre.
• Taking part in the formulation of the financial programs of the Centre in accordance with the requirements of the Centre’s Act.
• Supervising Accounts staff under you.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option), Commerce (Accounting option) or Finance and Accounting plus
• Full professional qualifications in Accountancy such as CPA, ACCA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized institution.
• Knowledge of Government Budgeting systems.
• Knowledge of IFMIS
• Computer knowledge plus proficiency in accounting packages eg Pastel and Quick Books.
Should have at least three (3) years’ continuous experience as an Accountant in a reputable institution.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
• Good knowledge and skills in financial management
• Financial integrity
Accountable for resources allocated and knowledgeable of Government of Uganda Accounting procedures, rules and regulations.
Ability to hold self and others responsible for results, actions and inactions.
Is able to enforce accountability for organizational performance
Encourages teamwork and builds relationship for the current and long term benefits to the Centre.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Senior accountant – Uganda National Cultural Centre Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.