Save the Children NGO Health and Nutrition Program Manager Jobs in Kenya
Save the Children NGO Health and Nutrition Program Manager Jobs in KenyaJob Details Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and technical guidance from health and nutrition adviser of country office, The Health & Nutrition Manager will carry over, implementation, monitoring and progress reporting of health projects.
Key Area of Responsibility:
• Oversee program implementation; lead program strategic, financial, and program planning; ensure efficient systems are in place to support the program and develop and maintain effective utilization of resources in compliance with donors and Save the Children policies and procedures
• Overall Management of Health and Nutrition programs in the areas of intervention for SCI.
• In close collaboration with the Area Manager and the Technical Health & Nutrition specialist in Khartoum, and to participate actively in proposal development.
• Working with SC H&N Coordinators and officers, draw monthly, quarterly and yearly detailed program activity implementation plan including expenditure projection and other appropriate requirements
• Solicit the support of specialized UN agencies like UNICEF, WHO, WFP to provide resources for the H&N programs
• Coordinate/participate in H&N assessments and coverage surveys associated with the implementation of the H&N programs
• Monitor and promote integrated programming in a way that increases overall impact of health and nutrition program at the community level.
• Coordinate program implementation with other SC sectors
• Develop a good relationship with partners working in Health & Nutrition fields.
• Represent the program to State and Local government representatives, donors, partner agencies, etc. as required
• Ensuring the sharing of experiences between H&N programs in different states
• Check all the reports (external & internal) written by the staff, ensuring quality, consistency and timely submission of all types of reports and be focal point for Health & Nutrition activities in Central Darfur State including design coordination, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting.
• To participate and contribute in the inter-sectoral and inter-agency assessments in Kordofan States related to improve Health & Nutrition status.
• Ensure that all donor questions, concerns and information requests are resolved appropriately
• Provide technical support to H&N staff and provide them necessary trainings as needed to build their capacity and enabling them conducting their tasks properly.
• Undertake field visits to SCI project sites and recommend project feasibility for SCI interventions, take follow up action on project implementation and prepare relevant reports.
Heavily contribute to concept and proposal development and persistently work to expand the nutrition program coverage to reach more children
• Work with team and TAs to develop, manage and update the nutrition centre improvement plan
• Identify achievements and lessons learned from the programs, ensuring that impact is properly assessed as part of the evaluation process
• Minimum BSC in Public Health or Medicine.
• Minimum 7 years working experience in health and nutrition sector with good command in and ability to understand Health and nutrition issues.
• Substantial experience at international level in technical support and/or programme management
• Direct experience of planning, implementing and measuring the impact of health, hunger reduction or other related programmes
• Successful track record of developing large-scale proposals and securing funding from donors
• Clear commitment to, and experience of, developing and coaching professional and national staff, combined with the ability to give direct actionable feedback.
• Successfully working with minimal administrative support.
• Capacity to writing good quality reports for donors and/or other stakeholders
• Inter-personal skills to influence and guide Field and other managers in identifying programming opportunities and resolving programme and campaign challenges
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
• Credibility to represent the organization to provincial bodies and donors and actively participate in the Health and Nutrition Cluster.
• High communication skills, with the ability to provide clear advice from a distance.
• Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international and matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
• Skills confirmed in project management and in strengthening health system
• Proven organizational skills with an ability to deliver consistently to deadlines on operational and project responsibilities.
• Computer skills
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Save the Children NGO Health and Nutrition Program Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.