Save the Children NGO Education Cluster Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Save the Children NGO Education Cluster Coordinator Jobs in KenyaRole Purpose: The Cluster Coordinator is a core Cluster Coordination team member.
The purpose of this post is to lead the Cluster team and ensure that the Cluster performs its core functions.
Key Areas of Accountability:
• Support the CO to meet its leadership accountability of the Education Cluster
• Work closely with other key members of the Education Cluster, including school officials, National, Provincial or Local Governments, OCHA, UNICEF and all other cluster members.
• Secure commitments from humanitarian actors responding to or supporting the emergency response.
• Support multi-sector and coordinate education specific needs assessments and utilise existing secondary data to inform sector response planning.
• Develop, implement and monitor the Education Cluster strategy and work plan, and co-ordinate the harmonisation of response activities, ensuring that activities prevent overlap and duplication; and ensuring that local partners are fully supported and able to play active roles in the cluster (including transitioning to local co-leadership where feasible).
• Ensure that inter-agency response strategy for Education reflects key findings from needs assessments, identifying gaps, and formulating a sector-wide interagency response plan, taking into account the cross-cutting areas from other sectors or clusters
• Ensure that information is shared amongst cluster members, and that information from other sectors and clusters is made available to cluster members in order to improve planning, integration and implementation.
• Ensure clear and effective communication occurs between the sub-national and the national clusters.
• Contribute to regular sitreps, and actively participate in inter-cluster co-ordination meetings.
• Ensure education is explicitly included and prioritized in all multi-sector assessments and reports, including OCHA Sitreps.
• Ensure cluster members are aware of relevant minimum standards, policies and guidelines with apply to all agencies.
• Track and monitor cluster members fundraising for Education specific interventions, and ensure that members are aware of funding opportunities.
• Consult and identify how the education cluster should facilitate the move towards early recovery and plan an exit strategy for the cluster.
• Ensure that children are engaged in all stages of the HPC and that the cluster and members have systems to institutionalise this.
• Ensure that child safeguarding is addressed by the Education Cluster membership
• At least 8 years progressively responsible work experience with UN, government and/or NGO, including in a humanitarian context. Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector which is relevant to this post may be considered as a replacement for humanitarian experience.
• Prior experience of working within a senior management role or cluster coordination within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
• Experience applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards)
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to facilitate diverse groups.
• Politically and culturally sensitive with ability to act with of patience, tact and diplomacy
• A high level of written and spoken English. Arabic is desirable.
• Demonstrable ability to work and represent views across different stakeholders taking part in the Education Cluster.
• Excellent technical understanding of education in emergencies
• Knowledge of the IASC Cluster System and recent humanitarian reform developments, including the Transformative Agenda
• Understanding of the Consolidated Appeals Process and other funding mechanisms
• Knowledge of information management processes within the cluster system
• Demonstrated commitment to Humanitarian Principles and the Principles of Partnership
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Experience in coordination roles in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the cluster
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Save the Children NGO Education Cluster Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.