Save the Children International Special Needs Education Teachers Jobs in Uganda
Save the Children International Special Needs Education Teachers Jobs in Uganda Save the Children International Uganda is looking to source for candidates to fill these positions within Kyangwali refugee settlement, Kikuube District-South Western Uganda.
Position: Special Needs Education (SNE) Teachers
Number of Vacancies: 09
Multiple Locations: Kagoma AEP, Maratatu AEP, Rwenyawawa AEP & Nyamiganda ECHO-INCLUDE 6 Months
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
A minimum requirement is a certificate and one to have had experience working with children with special needs.
Experience in Identifying, and assessing learning disorders or special needs experience in educating special needs pupils proven effective classroom and pupil's behavior management skills knowledge of current special education practices and methodologies knowledge and understanding of State, local and federal regulations and policies supporting special education working knowledge of educational technology applications such as Braille, white cane, sign language, Hearing/ visual devices, talking devices among others.
• Organizational and planning skills
• Collaboration and team work
• Judgment and decision-making creative thinking problem-solving
• Conflict management and resolution appreciation of diversity adaptability
• Additional key skills for special educational needs teachers
You'll need to show:
• Commitment to working with pupils with special educational needs in the mainstream
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to build good relationships based on trust with pupils, school personnel, partners and their families behavior management skills, with the ability to manage confrontation and challenging behavior initiative and problem-solving skills
• Team working skills to liaise with other teachers, teaching assistants, and other professionals such as educational psychologists, speech and language therapists and social workers
• Organizational skills an observant and responsive approach
• Flexibility - it's important to be able to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly
• A positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook, patience, understanding and empathy with pupils and parents
• A sense of humour, Enthusiasm and Commitment
• Have a positive attitude and interest in teaching;
• Must be ready to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Appropriate communication skill and approachable
• Ugandan or Refugee
How to Apply
• Candidates from the districts/communities listed above are encouraged to apply. More information on the open positions is available at SCI district/regional offices.
• Please drop a copy of your CV with academic transcripts and a cover letter indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors plus photocopy of National ID, Proof of residence from LC/RWC or Refugee ID for non-nationals.
Application should be addressed to the;
The Area Manager
Save the Children
P. O. Box 576 Fort Portal
• But Hand delivered to;
Save the Children
Fort Portal Regional Office, Kyangwali Field Office, Rwamwanja Field Office,
Kasese Field Office, Kyaka II Field Office, Bundibugyo Field Office, Matanda Field Office Nyakabande Field Office or Kyangwali Field Office
District Education Offices
Kikuube District Headquarters
• Submit via email, by clearly mentioning the position you are applying for on the address below;
• firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Please note that the rest of the jobs at SCI are accessible online via the link bellow through;
• Application closes on June 15, 2020..
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.