Save the Children International Child Poverty Technical Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Save the Children International Child Poverty Technical Specialist Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries.
Under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Programme Development and Quality, the Child Poverty Technical Specialist will be responsible for strategic direction, growth and coordination of Save the Children's work on food security and livelihoods, youth livelihoods, social protection (including social safety nets), markets based approach and financial inclusion.
S/he is responsible for leading and overseeing the development and delivery of high quality, innovative, cost effective programmes in both emergency and long-term development.
Settings resulting in immediate and lasting change for children.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for monitoring programme quality, initiating and taking technical leadership in child poverty focused studies, documentation and dissemination of innovations and good practices by working together with other members of PDQ team.
S/he will ensure child poverty programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to Save the Children's strategic objectives, national/global learning and advocacy.
The Child Poverty Technical Specialist is expected to provide technical advice and support to project staff to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved, with frequent visits to the field to support high quality programme implementation.
S/he shall will lead the development of the Kenya country office child poverty strategy and monitor its effective roll-out.
The Technical Specialist must be willing to embrace a child rights programming approach and represent Save the Children international, Kenya country office in national forums and working groups.
S/he will support the overall country strategic intent to focus on risk reduction, adaptation and resiliency in light of a changing context in Horn of Africa
Qualifications and Experience
• An advanced degree in food security, livelihoods, social protection, nutrition, economics, development studies or other relevant discipline or commensurate work experience in lieu of postgraduate qualification.
• Significant international experience, at least 5 years, in child sensitive programming in developing countries with specific experience and/or advanced understanding of social protection systems for vulnerable populations especially pastoral and agro-pastoral populations, Innovative youth livelihoods programming based on markets principles/approaches, experience of running and monitoring cash transfer programmes, designing and implementing market assessments and analysis of data collected, job creation and or small and medium enterprise development, financial services for low-income populations.
• Excellent understanding of the food security, youth livelihoods and social protection sector within the Kenyan context, particularly issues related to markets, value chains, youth livelihoods, social protection and small enterprise.
• Clear understanding of the intersection of child poverty with other thematic areas, including nutrition, health, child protection and education in Kenya.
• Ability to develop market based programmes to promote a better nutritional status for children and livelihoods development in an integrated approach.
• Strong proposal and report writing skills and ability to compile narrative sections for proposals and donor reports.
• Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
• Relevant training and expertise in using Save the Children's Household Economy Analysis (HEA) will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Those who responded to the previous advertisement need not re-apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.