Sasakawa Africa Association Field Training Officer Jobs in Uganda
Sasakawa Africa Association Field Training Officer Jobs in Uganda SAA/SG2000 is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmer' organizations and the private sector.
Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda wishes to recruit highly competent, organized, pro-active, self-driven and experienced professionals to fill the positions for its upcoming project in Karamoja region (Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk, Karenga, Abim and Napak)
Field Training Officer
Under the Supervision and Guidance of the Program Coordinator with Technical Backstopping from Theme Coordinators (CPE, PHAP, BD, MERC)
The Officer will assist the Project Coordinator in the implementation of the Project along the Value Chain. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Strengthen the capacity of farmer based organizations (FBOS) in Organizational management and leadership;
• Guide development of viable commodity business plans and work plans among FOs
• Strengthen the savings and loan schemes (VSLAS) among FOs and monitor their performance
• Prepare training materials, modules with translation in local language on () Agronomy, i) Post-Harvest Handling, iii) Farmer Institutional Development and Marketing.
• Train farmer groups in agronomy, postharvest handling and agribusiness/ farming as a business
• Ensure balanced and gender-responsive participation of stakeholders in all activities
• Lead farmers, extension agents in the project area by organizing field demonstrations and practical sessions.
• Submit Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports to the Project Coordinator
• Perform any other assignments as assigned by the Project coordinator, Theme Coordinators and Deputy Country Director.
• Carry out other similar activities as and when assigned by the Management
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture Agriculture Extension, Agribusiness
• Must have experience in leading and for training on crop agricultural value chains and extension, participatory capacity building approaches
• Proven experience in designing training materials for farmers, extension and agro-dealers, and conducting onsite farmer training workshops,
• At least 3years experience of working in related field Fluency in the local Karamajong Language and English (Written and Spoken) is a must.
How to Apply
Send by E-mail an application letter, a CV with names of 3 referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials not later than 20th March 2020 to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road
PO Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda
Sasakawa Global 2000 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All successful applicants should be ready to start work immediately. Interviews will be conducted in the Moroto Office.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.