Samaritan’s Purse WASH Project Manager Jobs in Uganda
Samaritan’s Purse WASH Project Manager Jobs in UgandaJob Summary The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Project Manager (WASH PM) will be responsible for leading and managing the Samaritan’s Purse Urban WASH project, by providing overall technical and management oversight to the project.
S/He will be responsible for coordination with other departments within the country office and with Government, UN agencies and other stakeholders, to ensure the highest standards of technical and program quality. .
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Design technical and implementation aspects of Samaritan’s Purse WASH Project(s) in target location(s), ensuring the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries.
• Prioritize community engagement and establish accountability mechanisms to ensure that beneficiary feedback is incorporated into program design and documented learning.
• Uphold a high standard of quality by ensuring project(s) adhere to technical and government standards, and are aligned with internal and external strategic objectives.
• Continually monitor and maintain project progress to ensure goals are achieved on time, evaluating challenges as they arise and utilizing creative problem solving to identify cost effective solutions.
• Responsible for all project reporting, financial accountability, cross-departmental coordination and external stakeholder engagement.
• Identify WASH project supply needs and support the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan and budget.
• Represent Samaritan’s Purse in WASH-related fora with government, UN agencies, and other actors.
• Line manage all WASH project staff, including evaluating performance and training needs.
• Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in coordination with other departments and in line with Samaritan’s Purse, government and donor policies and best practices.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Water Supply & Sanitation, Hydraulic or Civil Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years’ relevant experience, preferably with experience in Urban WASH programming.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills, with experience of managing others.
• Proactive, flexible, adaptable and results-oriented; good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
• Willingness to travel to the field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Commitment to excellence, integrity and stewardship of resources.
• Must agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and CV (including references) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 126 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted no later than 09:00 on Monday 8th June, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.