Samaritan’s Purse Public Health Educator Jobs in Uganda
Samaritan’s Purse Public Health Educator Jobs in UgandaJob Summary The Public Health Educator (PHE) will promote good hygiene and sanitation practices through the Samaritan’s Purse Urban WASH project.
S/He will be responsible for promoting community health by assisting communities in adopting healthy behaviors.
S/he will collect and analyze data to identify community needs to influence planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the project. .
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in the design of the technical and implementation aspects of Samaritan’s Purse WASH
• Project(s) in target location(s), ensuring the project will satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries.
• Prioritize community engagement and utilize accountability mechanisms to ensure that beneficiary feedback is incorporated into program design and documented learning, advocating for community.
• Conduct outreaches to discuss hygiene and sanitation care concerns with community members and to encourage more people to actively participate.
• Establish and strengthen community health initiatives, liaising with relevant community groups.
• Develop the training curriculum for children, youth, and women.
• Recruit, train, and supervise community tutors.
• Complete regular activity reports, working with the Project Manager to monitor and maintain project progress to ensure goals are achieved on time, evaluating challenges as they arise and proposing solutions.
• Uphold a high standard of quality by ensuring activities adhere to technical and government standards, and are aligned with internal and external strategic objectives.
• Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in coordination with team members, other departments and in line with Samaritan’s Purse, government and donor policies and best practices.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree Public Health, Social Work, Development Studies, or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years’ relevant experience, preferably with experience in WASH programming.
• A passion for public health education, behavior change and community development.
• Demonstrated experience in community engagement and in leading and managing volunteers.
• Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Proactive, flexible, adaptable and results-oriented; good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills, with a mature, assured, patient and resilient disposition.
• Willingness to spend extended time in the field.
• Commitment to excellence, integrity and stewardship of resources.
• Must agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and CV (including references) by email to email@example.com or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 126 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted no later than 09:00 on Monday 8th June, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.