RTI International Accountant Jobs in Uganda
RTI International Accountant Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsRTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. RTI provides research and technical services.
It was founded in 1958 with $500,000 in funding from local businesses and the three North Carolina universities that form the Research Triangle.
About USAID Project
The USAID-Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience project is a $15 million, five-year cooperative agreement that seeks to assist communities, the Government of Uganda, and the private sector to conserve and manage biodiversity in target ecosystems for lasting environmental and economic sustainability and increased community and household resilience.
The Accountant is responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures (payroll, cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and other related expenditures) are followed to properly disburse, account, budget, and report project funds which are cost effective, timely, have proper internal controls, and comply with the terms of the agreement with USAID..
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide functional support for RTI’s finance and accounting function
• Accounting/keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping
• Prepare and submit monthly expenses and bank reconciliations to the RTI home office; respond to regional RTI Financial Controller’s questions in a timely fashion
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement with USAID
• Manage grants financial management, in coordination with the Strategic Investment Fund Manager
• Maintain inventory tracking system and conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement
• Manage and reconcile petty cash accounts for field office
• Perform the cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts
• Follow up with consultants and partner organizations to make sure that expense reports are submitted within the deadline
• Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors
Qualifications and Skills
• The applicant for the RTI International Accountant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with a professional Accounting training or a Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant. An MBA is an added advantage
• At least three (3) years of working experience in the accounting/finance field
• CPA Uganda Professional Qualification
• At least one year of experience working for a USAID project is desirable
• Managerial experience is desirable
• An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
• Discreet in the judgment and management of confidential matters, materials, and sensitive issues
• Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner
• Ability to resolve problem situations in a tactful manner
• Effective communicator, both orally and in writing; ability to deal with persons of diverse cultures
• Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances
Three (3) years
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; RTI International Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.