Rakai Health Sciences Program Study Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Study Coordinator Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsRakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) in partnership with Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO), the U.S.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Uganda (CDC Uganda), Makerere School of Public Health, the Uganda Ministry of Health, the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the National Institute of Public Health Uganda, the Uganda Prisons Service, and the Uganda Virus Research Institute will over the next 6-12 months implement a countrywide study comparing the outcomes of COVID-19 infection among persons with pre- existing infections, including HIV and TB, and persons without these co-infections (Uganda COVID-19 HIV and TB study; U-CHAT).
The study will involve the recruitment of approximately 400 persons with confirmed COVID-19 infection and their household members and following them for up to six weeks to assess clinical outcomes and transmission to household members.
We are recruiting for the following positions to set up our study team.
The Study Coordinator is the lead study implementer and is responsible for coordinating all study related activities/operations in close consultation with the investigators.
He or she must have an excellent understanding of the study protocol and strong attention to detail..
• Coordinate with all partners involved in the implementation of the study to ensure efficient and effective study implementation.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the study activities and provide both administrative and technical oversight.
• Provide supervisory support to the field research across the country
• Ensuring that the protocol is rightly implemented in observance of the Human subjects’ research ethical standards.
• Compile and submit progress reports to relevant persons at the required intervals.
• Facilitate preparation and submission of work plans, budgets and accountabilities in relation to project activities.
• Conducting staff performance appraisals at specific Intervals
• Submitting plans for requisition and financing of field activities as per the approved budgets, advancing team leads with money for field expenses, and obtaining supporting documents for all field transactions (signature sheets, receipts, etc.)
• Liaising with data, transport, lab, logistics, and other teams to ensure timely availability of field logistics
• Establishing a motivating environment for staff to work optimally
• Any other official duty as assigned by study Investigators
Knowledge and Experience
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or other scientific-related fields
• Masters’ degree in Public Health or other scientific-related fields will be an added advantage
• Additional Training in Clinical Medicine
• Three (3) or more years of experience in related positions
• Knowledge of scientific research, study protocols, budget development, management methods, organizational management.
• Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend courses of action; to handle several tasks simultaneously; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Current Good Clinical Practices (GCP) certification
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com .
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Friday 10th July 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.