Rakai Health Sciences Program Research Assistants Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Research Assistants Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsRakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) in partnership with Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Uganda (CDC Uganda), Makerere School of Public Health, the Uganda Ministry of Health, the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the National Institute of Public Health Uganda, the Uganda Prisons Service, and the Uganda Virus Research Institute will over the next 6-12 months implement a countrywide study comparing the outcomes of COVID-19 infection among persons with pre- existing infections, including HIV and TB, and persons without these co-infections (Uganda COVID-19 HIV and TB study; U-CHAT).
The study will involve the recruitment of approximately 400 persons with confirmed COVID-19 infection and their household members and following them for up to six weeks to assess clinical outcomes and transmission to household members. We are recruiting for the following positions to set up our study team.
The Research Assistants will consent and enroll participants, conduct health education of study participants, collect data, potentially conduct pre- and post-HIV test counselling, and collect biological samples and rapid point-of-care tests.
The research assistant will also be responsible for ensuring that high-quality data are produced in a timely manner.
Travel within Uganda will be required.
• Proper identification of study participants and households as per study protocol
• Reading, explaining and administering the consent form to the study participants.
• Accurate completion of study questionnaires and/or forms/GIS data in accordance with protocol and checking for validity/consistency of the information collected
• Answering questions that the respondents may ask before, during and after the interviews.
• Ensuring availability of sufficient supplies and logistics to perform the day’s task (SELF AND TEAM PREPARATION). Respectful handling of and dealing with study participants and other community members
• Confidential handling of participants’ data and other study information
• Maintaining regular contact with the team leader and handing over completed study tools to the team leader as soon as they are ready.
• Collecting, labelling and temporary storage of biological specimens and handing them over to the designated laboratory contact person(s) for proper storage as specified in the training; and ensuring sterility of equipment used for specimen collection as well as ensuring proper bio-hazard disposal.
Knowledge and Experience
• The successful candidate should have a Diploma in Registered Nursing with emphasis in Paediatric Nursing or diploma in clinical medicine and community health from a reputable institution.
• Working experience of at least 1 year in a reputable health organization
• Valid practicing License from the Nurses Council or Allied Health council
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to use a computer/tablets to collect data
• Experience in Human Subjects research with a certificate in GCP is an added advantage
• Knowledge of local languages (Luganda, Swahili, Runyakitara, Luo, Alur, Lugbara)
• Valid certificate in counselling from an accredited institution such as TASO, Ministry of Health, or others
• Valid riding permit
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com .
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Friday 10th July 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.