Rakai Health Sciences Program Prevention Officer Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Prevention Officer Jobs in Uganda Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio - medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The position holder shall Ensuring that Gender Based Violence (GBV)/facility-community linkages data is entered into respective registers/records in real time.
Train and mentor facility staff and volunteers on technical GBV/facility-community linkage matters .
• Ensure that GBV monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual targets in the cluster/districts are met
• Expedite implementation and scale-up of the GBV quality assessment tool with fidelity in the cluster/districts in line with recommended guidelines
• Provide ongoing technical support and capacity building to facility staff, CBO staff and volunteers during program implementation.
• Compile monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports on time and with accurate data following recommended formats and guidelines
• Supervises and coordinate activities of linkage volunteers, facility focal persons and CSOs to scale up bi-directional referrals and linkage between the community and supported health facilities and other institutions in the cluster/districts
• Support the scale up community models of differentiated service delivery (DSDM) by mobilizing and organizing clients into CCLAD groups and coordinating CCLAD and CDDP outreaches.
• Jointly work with facilities to generated lists of clients for follow up and TB/HIV contact tracing/reverse-contact tracing
• Offer technical support to CSOs, health workers and volunteers to strengthen community-facility linkages aimed at improving patient adherence, retention, self-management, and psychosocial services in the cluster/districts.
• Compile monthly and quarterly reports on the performance of facility-community linkages activities in line with recommended guidelines
• Implements SOPs that enhance the linkage into care of patients referred from community testing points and from facility to facility or from facility to community
• Any other duty(s) assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Counseling, Humanities, BSc Nursing or closely related field.
• Experience of linkages/ GBV work for at least one year with a reputable organization.
• Possession of an HIV/AIDS Certificate in Counseling is an added advantage.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a requirement (possess a riding permit)
• Pleasant, social, hardworking, flexible, with a spirit of teamwork/building.
• With good interpersonal skills, and high integrity.
• Fluent in English and Luganda (spoken and written).
• Willingness to work and reside in a rural setting - Rakai or Kyotera District and to work for long hours
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees(include email address & contact number), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in one document addressed to the HR Manager to
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission Tuesday 31st March 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.