Rakai Health Sciences Program Medical Supply Chain Officer Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Medical Supply Chain Officer Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsRakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio -medical research and service delivery organization.
RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The Supply Chain Officer supports in monitoring and providing onsite support of medical logistics management in the supported districts/health facilities according to MOH standards.
He/she will ensure close monitoring of medicines and health supplies. He/she will further ensure adequate supply of quality medicines, responding to dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse
• Support health facilities to develop pharmacy systems and annual procurement plans.
• Provide technical assistance, mentorships and CMEs in medicines and health supplies management and disseminate information updates regarding logistics management.
• Support health facilities in ordering and reporting for medicines and health supplies as per the warehouse schedule.
• Support health facilities and medicine management supervisors to implement RX solution, RASS and SPARS and submit timely required reports.
• Strengthen pharmacovigilance and adherence issues in the supported health facilities.
• Develop and follow up on activity plans developed with the focal logistics personnel in the district health facilities
• Support health workers in their dispensing, stock management, and storage management practices.
• Participate in verification of medicines and health supplies on delivery to the health facilities and submit order fulfillment reports
• Participate in the redistribution of medicines and health supplies in the supported districts.
• Participate in budgeting for supply chain activities, requisitioning and appropriately account for the disbursed funds.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your roles.
Knowledge and Experience
• The ideal applicant should have minimum qualification of a Diploma in Pharmacy or Nursing
• The Candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in pharmacy practice in HIV care and treatment
• 2 years’ experience in health commodities inventory management.
• Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council
• Experience in working in a district led program is an added advantage.
• Computer Knowledge and skills
• Experience in using WAOS, TWOS & RX solution.
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• Communication skills and ability to speak the local languages.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Diploma in Pharmacy or Nursing
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Monday 22nd June 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.