Rakai Health Sciences Program Data Management Officer Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Data Management Officer Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsRakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) in partnership with Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Uganda (CDC Uganda), Makerere School of Public Health, the Uganda Ministry of Health, the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the National Institute of Public Health Uganda, the Uganda Prisons Service, and the Uganda Virus Research Institute will over the next 6-12 months implement a countrywide study comparing the outcomes of COVID-19 infection among persons with pre- existing infections, including HIV and TB, and persons without these co-infections (Uganda COVID-19 HIV and TB study; U-CHAT).
The study will involve the recruitment of approximately 400 persons with confirmed COVID-19 infection and their household members and following them for up to six weeks to assess clinical outcomes and transmission to household members.
The Data Management Officer will be responsible for supporting data collection, entry, and ensuring maintenance of data quality for the duration of the study
• Proper identification of study participants and households as per study protocol
• Reading, explaining and administering the consent form to the study participants.
• Accurate completion of study questionnaires and/or forms/GIS data in accordance with protocol and checking for validity/consistency of the information collected
• Answering questions that the respondents may ask before, during and after the interviews.
• Ensuring availability of sufficient supplies and logistics to perform the day’s task (SELF AND TEAM PREPARATION).
• Sets up and monitors the filing, storage, login and logout systems of participant records.
• Develops a mechanism for hard storage of paper forms, including informed consent forms
• Ensure safe custody of all study-related materials assets designated to the Data Management Officer
• Assist the study field coordination office in scheduling appointments as well as informing when the window or follow-up periods are due/ expiring.
• Any other official duty as may be assigned by the Study Coordinator/Investigator
Knowledge and Experience
• A first-class or second upper bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or another related field.
• A strong history of public health data management and health information systems may be substituted for a degree
• Knowledge of Information Systems (RedCap or other data systems)
• Advanced computer skills in R, STATA, MS Excel and/or MS Access.
• Minimum of 2 years professional work experience in data management in a busy health setting with a major role of preparing activity reports and accountabilities.
• Must have integrity with strong work ethics.
• Willingness to work with minimal or no supervision and remain accountable.
• Demonstrable knowledge in Data Management, Research& Quality Assurance.
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Friday 10th July 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.