Rakai Health Sciences Program Counsellor Jobs in Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program Counsellor Jobs in Uganda Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio - medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The Counsellor will provide psychological counseling to Program clients in a wide variety of conditions/issues ranging from HIV related problems to Psycho-social issues such as Domestic Violence and child abuse.
• Providing HIV results and counseling to those who requested to know their results.
• Providing follow-up/ongoing psycho-social support counseling to respondents who need such care
• Promoting couple counseling and/or partner notification in the community.
• Providing facilitate HIV disclosure and partner counseling to discordant couples
• Conducting HIV/AIDS education as well as general health education in the study communities
• Promoting the distribution and use of condoms among study participants as an HIV/AIDS prevention and control strategy.
• Promoting family planning practices in the communities of his/her area of jurisdiction.
• Attending mobilization and sensitization meetings whenever and wherever they are called upon.
• Attending counseling meetings at Kalisizo office as often as they are convened
• Preparing and presenting on a regular basis, field reports on counseling activities carried out.
• Representing Rakai Health Sciences Program in the community and is the custodian of Rakai Program property in the community.
• Collecting bio-behavioral health related data as may be deemed necessary
• Any other duty (ies) as assigned to him/her by the Counseling Supervisor from time to time
Knowledge and Experience
• The successful candidate should possess Diploma or Degree in Counseling and Guidance from a recognized institution.
• A Certificate in HIV/AIDS Counseling conforming to the MOH HCT policy is an added advantage
• Must follow the code of ethics associated with the respective certification.
• Have obtained at least 3 years’ experience in counseling, with a minimum of two years in HIV and AIDS counseling or medical environment/setting, or hands on experience in similar work.
• Motorcycle riding skills is an added advantage (possess a riding permit)
• Pleasant, social, hardworking, flexible, with a spirit of teamwork/building.
• With good interpersonal skills, and high integrity.
• Fluent in English and Luganda (spoken and written).
• Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work and reside in a rural setting - Rakai or Kyotera District and to work for long hours
How to Apply
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees(include email address & contact number), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in one document addressed to the HR Manager to
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email.
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission Tuesday 31st March 2020 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.