Raising the Village Communications Officer Jobs in Uganda
Raising the Village Communications Officer Jobs in UgandaOverview The Communications Officer will work independently on agreed work, but will meet regularly with management team, leadership team, programs team and operations team to review and obtain feedback on on-going and new projects.
She/he will maintain RTV’s internal and external communications with the relevant stakeholders through active engagement guided by RTV’s communications strategy, ensure RTV’s work is timely, clearly and effectively communicated through the various communication channels thus ensuring advocacy of the organization’s work.
Media, Publicity & Communication
• Lead in developing creative ways to document and communicate RTV’s work e.g. through photos/video/art/case stories
• Liaise with mainstream media to profile RTV’s work, cover events/activities, publish program work.
• Ensure that RTV’s publications, reports and videos are of high quality and disseminated appropriately.
• Lead in the production of a range of publications including annual report, newsletters.
• Provide editorial support during the development of materials such as reports, briefing notes, Information Educative (IEC) materials to ensure that appropriate language is used
• Manage RTV’s digital presence through the website and other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, listservs, Youtube etc.
• Ensure that updates related to RTV’s work are constantly shared with the online audience
• Ensure effective communication between Uganda team and Canada team
• Review and update RTV’s Communication and Advocacy Strategy in consultation with the Management and other senior staff.
• Support the implementation of RTV’s Communication and Advocacy Strategy,
Networking and Stakeholders Engagements
• Strengthen links with relevant stakeholders including Government departments, donors, partner organizations and beneficiaries.
• Liaise with various media houses to promote upcoming events, contribute to key advocacy, promotional, communication, and media activities.
• Liaise with key event partners and significant stakeholders to build positive working relationships
• Identify and manage logistics for RTV staff, volunteers and contractors required for various activities, and partner and senior staff visits.
Reporting and Resources
• Prepare accurate and timely communications reports as directed by the Senior Management Team
• Provide written and verbal presentations on communications as required.
• Undertake an evaluation of each event, maintaining accurate data, including reviewing and reporting against the objectives of the various events.
• Maintain current analytics/statistics and fact sheets on the RTV’s social media platforms and website periodically presented to the Management Team and used in presentations when required.
• Complete administrative reporting on a weekly basis and provide support with information sharing for reporting and writing as might be required;
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Coordinate the development and maintenance of relevant communications related databases for contacts, reporting, and upcoming deadlines.
Essential Requirements and Experience
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as media or communication officer. Experience of working with donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated skills in program communication, development of Information, Education and Communication material, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation)
• Knowledge of best practices in communication research, planning and strategy, and execution of social media and the presentation of key audiences including government, general public, and media.
• Excellent spoken and written English: general ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form; specific skills in writing press releases, op-eds and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media
• Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically. Skills and experience in communication programs, monitoring, review and evaluation.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and liaise with a wide cross section of people, including internal staff, partners, service providers and the wider community.
• Demonstrated skills in using social media platforms and website maintenance using Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically interactive digital media and in particular, advanced MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and Salesforce
• Good interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
• Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, handle heavy volumes and meet demanding deadlines with strong attention to detail.
• Experience with photography and videography
• Ability to ride and possession of a riding license or willingness to learn within three months
• Strong command of English and storytelling.
• Fluent in local dialects in areas where RTV works;
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or any other related field
• Post graduate certificate in related field of work, Member to a professional body
• Demonstrated track record and portfolio of work in photo/video/social media
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Raising the Village Communications Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.