Public Service Commission Labour Officers Jobs in Kenya
Public Service Commission Labour Officers Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948;
Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments;
At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission;
Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments;
It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years.
The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President.
The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities.
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre.
An officer in this grade will be required to work under the supervision and guidance of a more experienced officer.
Duties and responsibilities shall include
• Carrying out labour inspections
• Handling labour complaints and trade disputes through conciliation;
• Advising employers, employees and related stakeholder on labour laws and labour relations; and
• Collecting and analyzing data on labour matters.
• For appointment to this grade, an officer must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management, Planning, Development, Business Administration, Economics (Lower Second Class), Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Statistics, Labour Relations or Industrial Relations from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Public Service Commission Labour Officers Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.