Public Service Commission Kenya Laboratory Technologists Jobs in Kenya
Public Service Commission Kenya Laboratory Technologists Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948;
Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments;
At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission;
Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments;
It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years.
The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President.
The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities.
Constitution of Kenya, 2010 promulgated on 27th August 2010 reconstituted the Commission with a redefined and expanded mandate and a lean membership
Duties and Responsibilities include
• Decontaminating working benches;
• Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens for accuracy;
• Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
• Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering specimens;
• Disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis; and
• (performing routine diagnostic test
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have
• A Diploma in any of the following fields:- Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biology), Food Science and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, from a recognized institution;
• A Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB); and
• A Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Public Service Commission Kenya Laboratory Technologists Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.