PSI Head Social Behavioral Change (SBC) Jobs in Uganda
PSI Head Social Behavioral Change (SBC) Jobs in Uganda We are looking for a suitable candidate to lead the designing and comprehensive management of the PSI Uganda’s Social Behavioral Change (SBC) strategy.
S/He will provide strategic direction and overall quality control on PSIU’s SBC function, utilizing innovative and robust evidence-based social and behavior change frameworks that promote sustained desired behaviors among target audiences for PSIU health intervention areas.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, this position will also contribute to SBC-related fundraising.
• Lead the designing and management of PSIU’s overall SBC strategic direction;
• Contribute to different PSI Keystone processes and take leadership in designing SBC strategies to support behavioural change;
• Liaise with Program Team Leads to understand programmatic needs and expectations to be accomplished through SBC and develop appropriate consumer-centered and provider supportive strategies;
• In partnership with the Head – Strategic Information and Learning, develop key SBC performance metrics across different PSIU programs including data-toaction frameworks;
• Lead the development of the PSIU SBC learning agenda and SBC knowledge management;
• Establish and maintain strategic relations with relevant line ministries, local and international peer organizations, Academia, research and other institutions aimed at strengthening PSIU’s SBC interventions;
• Participate and represent PSIU in SBC related coordination platforms, thematic committees / technical groups, policy meetings and in other relevant fora;
• Participate in new business development and building capacity of the Team in designing responsive SBC strategies that meet project objectives in alignment with PSIU strategic plan;
• Manage the SBC Team and support staff development and alignment to PSIU platform objectives, strategic plan and donor deliverables; and,
• Monitor all SBC related budgets and work plans and ensure optimal burn rates and timely activity implementation.
What Would Get Us Excited?
An individual with the following Key personal competencies.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse settings.
• Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment.
• Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
What Are We Looking For?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work.
• You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
• Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
• Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
• Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, social sciences or Humanities.
• Advanced degree in a behavioral sciences discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressively increasing management and technical responsibility leading to a senior level of expertise in SBC required.
• Demonstrated understanding and application of technical principles and concepts in social and behavior change that catalyzes sustained community action.
• Experience in utilizing user-centered approaches to develop and implement innovative and effective behaviour change or marketing solutions.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis and use of data and information from a broad range of sources in order to ensure the development of effective SBC approaches, messages and tools.
• Prior experience working with monitoring evaluation personnel to capture SBC information to monitor change and outcomes.
• Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners.
• Experience in leading and managing cross-departmental teams including mentoring, coaching, applying effective and empathetic management principles and practices.
• Experience in digital systems for consumer engagement.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to
email@example.com indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm (1700H) on Wednesday June 24th, 2020.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Please note PSI Uganda does not solicit for funds during any recruitment process.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.