PSI Evidence and Learning Advisor Jobs in Kenya
PSI Evidence and Learning Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Join us! PSI supports a wide array of programs across different health areas in Kenya through its in-country partners. Among these projects is a an integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Gender Based Violence (GBV) program in Kenya. The program seeks to increase access and utilization of comprehensive, inclusive and integrated SRHR/ MCH services, increase access and utilization of comprehensive, inclusive and integrated GBV response and prevention services and strengthen respect for human rights. The program will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity, reduction in unmet need for SRHR (including FP) and reduced prevalence of GBV. PSI is seeking a skilled, creative and dynamic candidate with significant diversity of experience and historical success in conducting quality research, using evidence for decision-making and leading and steering program learning. Candidates should have experience in designing and implementing program learning agendas, analyzing rigorous quantitative and qualitative research, have strong communication and technical writing skills, and a record of capacity building.
The Evidence and Learning Advisor is a key position that will steer the Monitoring, Evidence, Learning (MEL) component of the program. This position will be responsible for providing the vision, technical oversight, management, and quality assurance of the research, learning, evaluation and monitoring activities for this program and other similar
A key function of this position is to strengthen capacity among partners and stakeholders by being a technical resource for information sharing and thought leadership. The Evidence and Learning Advisor will also support additional projects across different health areas.
Sound like you? Read on.
Ensuring technical excellence in research planning and execution
Providing technical and strategic oversight by ensuring that research, learning and evaluation activities are well planned, strategic, and rigorous. This includes: developing or providing inputs to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans and budgets, developing or strengthening evidence inputs during program design, approving and supporting the quality execution of the project’s research plans, engaging with senior country leadership to identify research needs, ensuring ethical and data protection policy compliance in human subjects and high risk program research, and ensuring that study documentation is introduced into PSI’s knowledge management systems. On strategic projects, the Evidence and Learning advisor leads or engages with local teams and external consultants on logical framework development, study design, questionnaire development, data collection, data analysis, report writing or review, dissemination, and data use.
Supporting data use and thought leadership initiatives
PSI will support its partners to conduct several research studies and data collection activities to inform, adapt and evaluate PSI programs. The Evidence and Learning Advisor will facilitate and support use and transform research findings into evidence-informed program actions by implementing data to action frameworks, facilitating data use workshops, and developing appropriate formats to communicate research results to different audiences. The Evidence and Learning Advisor will also contribute to the learning agenda and facilitate contributions to thought leadership workstreams, including conducting evidence synthesis review workshops, drafting or reviewing conference abstracts, engaging with and contributing to external communities of practice, and writing and submitting manuscripts for peer review.
Relationship Management and Capacity Building
Our work in Kenya relies on the skills, talents, and motivation of our partner teams.
Strong MEL teams are built through effective collaboration, camaraderie, identifying opportunities for collaboration and information sharing, encouraging creativity, and investing partner development and through training. The Evidence and Learning Advisor will foster a close relationship with PSI’s Global Evidence and health area evidence and learning teams to ensure that network members receive appropriate technical support, learn from global trends in research, and contribute to PSI’s knowledge base and strategic research agenda with their research products. The Evidence and Learning Advisor will provide mentorship and technical guidance and builds the technical capacity of partners. The Advisor will also act as a coordinator and communicator between in-country partner teams, market group teams, marketing teams, health area researchers, and Global Evidence.
Serve as Technical Expert
The Evidence and Learning Advisor will also bring their specialized skillset to the global evidence team at PSI, which could range from expertise in sampling, poverty and equity measurement, cost-effectiveness analysis, pricing, market mapping, digital health research, or health area expertise in HIV, malaria, or family planning / reproductive health.
What are we looking for?
• Master’s degree (MA, MPH, MSc) in public health, behavioral sciences, population studies, psychology, anthropology, communication, or a related field preferred.
• At least five years of professional experience in applied research, monitoring, learning and evaluation of public health programs, including field experience in Southern or Eastern Africa
• Strong technical writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to design, analyze, disseminate, and manage qualitative and quantitative research.
• Experience analyzing quantitative research in Stata software, including analysis of DHS data and experience analyzing qualitative data using software (e.g., n-Vivo, Atlas TI, Dedoose, or similar program)
• Experience in designing, fielding and monitoring quality of data collected through mobile devices. Experience with SurveyCTO or similar platform.
• Proven experience in successfully building capacity of and mentoring researchers
• Ability to develop partnerships with internal senior management, program and marketing teams, external stakeholders, and donors
• Ability to manage and provide quality assurance to work performed by external research agencies or providers
• Experience managing multiple studies and teams in challenging, resource constrained environments
• Extensive familiarity with research ethics procedures and submission of studies to local and international IRB boards
• Experience developing M&E plans, logical frameworks and contributing to new business development
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English
Repertoire of desired expertise/skills includes:
• Experience with marketing research and design research
• Experience conducting market landscaping activities
• Experience with data visualization software
• Familiarity with donor-funded international development projects
How to apply
• Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than February 9th 2021 to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject: Evidence and Learning Advisor
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.