Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
Job Description St. John Ambulance is a first aid and health charity organization incorporated in Kenya under the St. John Ambulance of Kenya Act, Cap. 259 of the laws of Kenya with mandates to provide emergency medical care and promote charitable works aimed at reducing human suffering, and to provide technical support to medical services in the country among other functions. The Organization is looking for a procurement officer to help in administration of the procurement department of the organization.
The procurement officer is responsible for overseeing the purchasing process, negotiating for future prospective contracts, ensuring high- quality and cost- effective purchases are made and maintain updated lists of current and incoming inventory. They will also recommend purchases in liaison with the head of finance.
• Overseeing the daily activities of the procurement department.
• Planning for purchase of equipment, supplies and services.
• Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
• Monitoring and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
• Create and maintain good relations with vendors/ suppliers.
• Manage records of purchases pricings and other important data.
• Review and analyze all vendors / suppliers, supply and price options.
• Proposing viable contracts for negotiation.
• Negotiate best deals for pricing and supply contracts.
• Maintain updated list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times and potential future development.
• Overseeing and supervising employees in relation to activities of procurement.
• Follow and enforce the procurement policies and procedures.
• Manage the procurement and supply department efficiently and effectively.
• Develop harmonious relations with the other departments.
• Support Organizational Goals and Objectives.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement or equivalent.
• Diploma in Procurement and Supplies management, CIPS.
• A member is good standing of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) will have added advantage.
• Proficiency in MS Office tools and office automation solutions.
• At least three years verifiable experience in the procurement field.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to work under minimal supervision.
• Thorough and organized.
• A team player.
• Pleasant, self-driven and cordial.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and curriculum vitae via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to
email@example.com by 21st October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
St. John is an equal opportunity employer.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.