PPFA Clinical Quality Assurance Senior Program Officer Jobs in Uganda
PPFA Clinical Quality Assurance Senior Program Officer Jobs in Uganda Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families.
This is an exciting new clinical leadership position based in Uganda.
Provide best in class quality of care that includes counseling and clinical oversight, technical support and assistance in the planning, implementation, and oversight in support implementation of SRHR program with a focus on clinical services.
Support and coordinate partners efforts and response towards managing epidemics and Pandemics activities including; advice on best strategies for infection prevention and control, Quality of care and Management of various conditions including pandemic- COVID19.
Support Partner training to ensure quality Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRHR) services, especially CAC and contraception, provide updates to the World Health Organization (WHO) standards of Operations -SOPs on SRHR and support training of health professionals in infection prevention and control (IPC).
Experience in providing leadership in innovative ways to accelerate SRHR service delivery, including testing self-care, self-administration, and new digital technologies for providing services.
Develops and maintains clinical SOPs as well as obtains requested information, resolves problems, and identifies opportunities for improvement;
Regularly interacts with the Country and Regional staff and collaborates with HQ- New York and Washington DC office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations. Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of PP Global.
Responsible for independently carrying out unique duties that require advanced knowledge, training, or experience, but that are directly related to partner program support, participates in setting own objectives and priorities; follows through in accordance with established procedures and systems. Recommends changes to improve SRH Clinical quality work systems or procedures. Responsible for ensuring successful completion of activities that directly relate to projects and organization goals.
Problem Solving Capability
● The Senior Program Officer must be able to identify the root cause of a problem and be systematic in defining potential solutions. Supervisor may provide guidance in resolving non-routine problems. Independent critical thinking, on-site decision making that is evidence based.
● Responsible for assuring that assigned projects utilize PP Global resources effectively and monitoring projects' financial reporting.
● Monitors and analyzes expenses for assigned activities to ensure budget targets are met.
● Job duties require a thorough understanding of clinical standards of quality of care in the area of sexual and reproductive health services including counseling, infection prevention, family planning, CAC, PAC, etc and how to apply such knowledge in professional settings. Requires in-depth knowledge of other organizations in the field, current SRHR landscape, and areas of interest. Regularly provides professional advice and guidance of a technical nature to assure project completion
● Regularly interacts with the Country and regional staff and collaborates with HQ- New York and Washington office staff, as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations. Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of PP Global.
● Works directly with the in-Country team and other regional staff to provide guidance and leadership, but does not have direct supervisory responsibility. Oversees work of assigned projects to ensure they reach their objectives and contribute to PPFA’s strategic plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Degree in Medicine, Clinical/ Nursing and medical training – (MBChB, BSC- Clinical medicine or BSN- Nursing) and other related health training. Public Health and Reproductive Health training is an added advantage.
● At least five years’ experience of working in a clinical setting with civil Society organization or MOH in the area of SRH quality improvement or Community Health Programs, with experience in in SRHR quality care improvement
● Demonstrable knowledge and skills in implementation of clinical interventions in the context of developing countries and management of clinical data and databases
● Experience in knowledge management, specifically in the area of public health/ healthcare
● Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including privates’ sector health providers, NGOS, MOH, Local governments and partnership management
● Strong understanding of the clinical aspects of reproductive health services, including Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC)and landscape in Uganda and demonstrated ability to mentor partner clinical staff and health providers:
● Ten years experience in project management- (Designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) and working with programs to identify and address training and Clinical quality assurance technical assistance needs, preferably with a reproductive health and rights focus.
● Preference will be given to candidates with NGO experience and experience working in sexual and reproductive health multi-sector programs
● Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience to fostering partnerships between government and other stakeholders to improve health systems performance and build partner capacity.
● Familiar with Uganda MoH policies, practice and protocols
● Must have experience conducting health care trainings
● Related Knowledge: Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
● Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; strong time management.
● Skills and ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to details and follow through; self-directed; and able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks.
● High level of interpersonal, technical and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector and other key stakeholders.
● Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis applications).
● Analytical problem solving using systematic approaches to analyze and propose solutions is part of everyday activities, and cultural sensitivity is imperative. Knowledge of reproductive health issues.
Ability to travel in the Country 50% time to support in-country partners and 5% international travel to attend meetings, training and other organizational requirements as need arises.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their application letter, CV and salary expectation to
email@example.com with**, Clinical Quality Assurance -Senior Program Officer - Uganda** as the subject, not later than May 22, 2020.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.