PostBank Head of Strategy and Planning Jobs in Uganda
PostBank Head of Strategy and Planning Jobs in UgandaRole Purpose: The role holder will be responsible for providing professional input to the Bank’s strategic planning process, working with various cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate and analyse evolving strategic priorities, setting strategic objectives and goals, identifying instruments for their attainment as well as monitoring and evaluation of chosen strategy and supervision of bank-wide projects.
Key Result Areas/Deliverables
• The role also involves the development of methodology for monitoring the impact of the Bank’s operations, periodic monitoring of such developmental impact and appropriate reporting. The role holder will also be participating in conducting risk based country and sector studies and product development consistent with the Bank’s strategic goals.
• The role holder will be expected to provide professional input to the budgeting process by assisting in the distilling of strategic goals into annual business plans, write and present in a clear and insightful manner, and champion multiple deliverables and deadlines simultaneously. The role places a premium on working collaboratively with
cross functional teams, especially in origination, risk management and finance
• Engage in the development of the Bank’s long term strategic plan and annual business plan for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors within the given time frame;
• Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the plans, pointing out material negative deviations and recommending prompt corrective actions;
• Monitoring and proactively analysing, on an ongoing basis, internal and external events that affect the Bank, so as to provide ideas and intellectual leadership for both short-term tactics and long-term positioning and vision;
• Provide professional input into the Bank wide annual business planning and budgeting process through distilling the Bank’s strategic goals into annual activity plans and advising senior management on the most ecient allocation of the tasks for
respective departments and units;
• Assist to communicate the Bank’s long term and annual business plan as approved by the Board of Directors to all staff and put in place monitoring and reporting mechanisms for the benefit of Senior management and staff members;
• Participate in the preparation of the Bank’s Annual, Half Year and End of Year reports;
• Participate in the creation and implementation of a customer feedback loop to ensure that the Bank is able to capture customer comments and concerns about its business processes and that such concerns are adequately responded to in order to ensure a customer-centric focus to the Bank’s lending activities;
• Supervision of bank-wide ongoing projects to ensure executed to expectation;
• Participate in evaluation of major expenditure programs.
• Work together with the Risk Management department to define the Bank’s annual risk appetite.
• Participate in the development of a methodology for monitoring the development impact for the Bank’s operations and participating in the development of new products for the Bank in line with laid out strategic goals
Education and Training
• A Business degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master's degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• A professional accounting qualification is an added advantage
Relevant Practical training in Strategy & Planning in the financial services sector
Skills and Experience
• Sound experience of at least 5 years as a Strategy and Business Planning professional, preferably in the consulting or financial services industry
• Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting strategic business plans for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of financial analysis, modelling, statistical analysis and related soware;
• Experience in offering strategic insight into industry, consumer and competitor trends;
• Clear understanding of trade development issues as they pertain to East Africa and demonstrated skills in economic forecasting. Economic modelling, including computable general equilibrium modes will be an added advantage;
• Experience in presenting and selling ideas to Senior Management with strong presentation skills (written and verbal);
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of business planning practices in Africa;
• Ability to supervise project implementation.
• Ability to interact with senior ocials of National agencies, multilaterals, banks, corporates and governments.
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and leadership behaviours.
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity
The following documents should accompany the application:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; PostBank Head of Strategy and Planning Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.