PostBank Head of Information and Communication Technology - ICT)Jobs in Uganda
PostBank Head of Information and Communication Technology - ICT)Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose
• To lead the provision and delivery of ICT Services, oversee projects & strategies of the Bank whilst taking into account IT market developments.
• As Head of the function, will ensure a robust systems and IT infrastructure, contribute to Banks strategic decision making, participate in corporate initiatives, and represent the Bank in ICT related matters when required.Responsibilities /Key Deiverables
• Work with the COO/ED and appropriate staff on developing the Bank’s ICT strategy and annual operational plan, ensuring synergy with organisational strategy and direction.
• Lead a team of IT and communications professionals to implement the ICT strategy and other policy
documents, oversee the ICT business change programme and deliver various business critical and support
systems to a range of users across the Bank all the time.
• Keep abreast of technology trends which offer solid, appropriate, cost-effective ICT solutions to the Bank.
• Oversee the development and delivery of ICT products and services, in accordance with agreed service and performance standards, industry best practice and in alignment with Bank objectives and strategic initiatives.
• Control and manage capital expenditure and budgets, ensuring expenditure within the ICT function is
appropriately managed, based on lean management principles, quality of service commitment and
• Participate in the procurement, supply and negotiation of ICT goods and services for the Bank in conjunction with Projects and Logistics professionals, as appropriate.
• Oversee all people management matters within the function. This includes the development of teams and
individuals so as to enhance performance and potential.
• To manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communications forums with them.
• To maintain an ICT strategy that ensures the Bank is prepared for changes in the nature of its business, ICT and the needs of the local community.
• Perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are
commensurate with its level of responsibility.
• Update Executive committee with all the technology changes in place and work out a mechanism of updating
the platforms to enable the bank keep a competitive position through appropriate technology platforms.
• Administer service contracts with ISPs to maintain the highest level of service to the Branches and minimize any network downtime due to technical diculties; coordinates with ISPs for maintenance and installation; oversee maintenance and management of critical network elements
• Coordinate and update top management on all vendors of computer systems to ensure the bank maintains a
good relationship with vendors to have a better service guarantee from the vendors
• Coordinate the processes of updating the intranet to ensure standard procedures in the department
• Coordinate the business improvement processes to ensure that the bank keeps operating eciently through automation
• Work with other department heads to implement automation processes aimed at improving eciency in the banks different areas of operations
• Evaluate all ICT updates/upgrades and advise management on all changes in the technology platform
bearing in mind the costs and benefits.
• Prepare and test the bank's disaster recovery plans for information systems
• Regularly prepare Management reports on the departmental activities.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports as and when required by other stake-holders
Equipment Vendor management
• Overall Supervisory responsibility involving stang, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates
• Ensure a centralised Helpdesk service is provided to all staff members.
• Monitor compliance with ICT best practice, policies and procedures.Financial Responsibility
• Responsible for ICT Budget.
• Ensure High availability of services for Business continuity
• Implement the Banks digital strategy in collaboration with the Head of Business Technology.
• Come up with control sample testing for ICT to ensure operational risk is embedded.
• Align the ICT infrastructure in line with best practice for cyber security standards.Person Specification
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Computer Management/Information Technology or relevant IT related Qualification.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master's degree in a relevant field would be an added
• Relevant Practical training in ICT management in the financial services sector.
• Professional Certification such as Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Sun Solaris
Systems/Network/Security Administrator, Cisco Certification etc, are desirable.Skills & Experience
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills with good organizational and administrative skills
• Sound knowledge of general banking law and operational practices
• Ability to translate strategy into achievable performance objectives
• A minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in ICT Management, 4 of which must have been in banking, in a management role including delivery of major projects.
• Must be result driven, critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically and logically.
• Good knowledge of best practices in ICT in the banking industryOther Skills
• Working experience in LAN/WAN environment.
• Working knowledge of UNIX and or Oracle Administration, preferably on Sun Solaris Environment.
• Good management skills of technical support staff.
• Current Knowledge of Computer Hardware and Soware trendy.
• Knowledge and skill in basic computer programming, preferably using c/c++, java, Oracle tools (SQL*PLUS
and PL/SQL) and UNIX Shell scripting.
• Influential skills sucient to motivate staff to achieve results.
• Time management skills sucient to work in a fast paced environment on broad range of activities.
• Good leadership, results oriented, agile & adaptable, analytical and systematic thinking skills.
• Liaising with vendors for quotations and supply of equipment and service delivery.Business Behaviours
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PostBank’s values and leadership behaviours. Must be a person of impeccable integrity
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; PostBank Head of Information and Communication Technology - ICT)Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!