PostBank Head of Business Technology & Change Management Jobs in Uganda
PostBank Head of Business Technology & Change Management Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose The purpose of this job is to lead the transformation agenda of PostBank towards a modern
digitised bank. The role holder will therefore be accountable for leading the banks innovation
process and leading the development of new and optimising of existing information systems and
technologies that will drive service delivery to PostBank’s customers.
• Work with the COO/ED and appropriate business and operational functions on developing the
Bank’s Business Technology (BT) strategy and plan, ensuring that it aligns with and supports
the banks strategic and operational plan.
• Lead the project management and implementation of major change initiatives by coordinating
the responsible departments to ensure smooth implementation
• Be the centre of expertise for innovation, development and implementation activities in all
domains of the bank (client facing, Digital Strategy, Operations, Regulatory Implementations)
• Continuously review processes, driven by Lean and Agile ways of working to ensure that all bank
processes are optimised, initiating changes to enhance innovation and commercial drive
• Coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation
of major information and operations systems for the bank. Provide advice on evaluation,
selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate
investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluate systems to measure their success.
Responsibilities /Key Deliverables
• Keep abreast of technology trends which offer solid, appropriate, cost-effective business
applications & processes to the Bank.
• Coordinate with departments and teams to develop business cases for new projects that can be
prioritized by the Management team.
• Define and adjust technology standards and technologies in close collaboration with Bank’s
leadership and management.
• Regularly update Seniour Management Team (SMT) with all the technology changes in place and
work out a mechanism of updating the platforms to enable the bank keep a competitive position
through appropriate technology initiatives.
• Monitor compliance with Business technology best practice, policies and procedures.
• Accountable for people all management matters within the function. This includes the
development of teams and individuals so as to enhance performance and potential and well as
effective supervision of their routine performance.
• Ensure that there is benefits realisations for all the projects implemented
• Stakeholder engagement with all the funders of the projects
• Ensure that all projects implemented are priotized depending on impact.
• Timely budgeting for the new initiatives and make sure change happens within Budget and as per
• Ensure security for all the Bank’s digital assets like codes and scripts
• Drive culture change as new initiatives and projects are being rolled out.
• Responsible for Business Technology & Innovation Budget
Education & Training
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Computer Management/Information
Technology or relevant business technology related Qualification.
• Possession of a certified banking qualification or master's degree in a relevant field would be an
• Relevant Practical training in BIS management in the financial services sector.
• Professional Certification such as Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Sun Solaris
Systems/Network/Security Administrator, Cisco Certification etc, are desirable.
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated experience in driving innovation and change agendas in Financial Services (able to
demonstrate blue-sky thinking)
• Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high
proficiency in Information and Communication Technology
• Strong skills in business process analysis and redesign to value for money
• Strong understanding of banking operations and FinTech trends
• Strong skills in project management and project execution
• Familiarity with the financial services industry in East Africa or emerging markets
• Strong understanding and experience in mobile banking services
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural
• Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PostBank’s values and leadership
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; PostBank Head of Business Technology & Change Management Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.