PostBank Financial Controller Jobs in Uganda
PostBank Financial Controller Jobs in Uganda
Role Purpose. The Financial Controller will be accountable for implementing the Bank’s financial management, control and reporting frameworks to support all the bank’s internal day to day operations as well as internal and external reporting requirements
Key Result Areas/ Deliverables:
Supervise and coordinate finance Operations, appropriate accounting and other financial policies and procedures and related financial control
frameworks in support of the business.
Ensure implementation of an appropriate internal control’s framework in support of the banks business payables and receivables functions
Accountable for the integrity of all financial information, data and reports from the Accounting system
Accountable for the annual Budgeting & Business Planning process
Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior management and stakeholders
Supervise and manage unit staff, including accountants and ocers
Motivate and lead team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
Implement financial reporting systems to comply with all relevant reporting standards and legislation
Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
Accountable for supervising a team of Accounts staff under the Financial Controller function
Accountable for people all management matters within the function. This includes the development of teams and individuals so as to enhance performance and potential and well as effective supervision of their routine performance.
Education and Training
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
• Must be a certified accountant with at least 7 years’ relevant experience, four of which in a senior finance management position within a reputable
• Understanding of data
• Professional qualification in Accounting & membership to CPA (U) is essential.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification or master's degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Relevant Practical training in business growth in the financial services sector
Skills and Experience
• 7 years of experience in finance management or audit in a business environment.
• Analytical skills with high attention to detail and critical thinking and problemsolving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
• Auditing experience.
• Compliance oriented.
• Proficiency in accounting soware
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity
The following documents should accompany the application:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; PostBank Financial Controller Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.