Population Services International Project Health Services Coordinator Jobs in Uganda
Population Services International Project Health Services Coordinator Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsWho we ArePopulation Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization.
We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthy lives and plan the families they desire.
We’re reimagining healthcare, developing health market systems where more consumer voices, at all income levels, are shaping the development of increased consumer choices - where technology-driven, affordable, quality drugs, devices, diagnostics and information move closer to peoples’ communities and homes.
We believe consumer-powered healthcare is a cost-effective sustainable path toward health for all without financial hardship.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world.
We’re a diverse group of professionals and entrepreneurs with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Population Services International (PSI) and Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) are implementing a three-year grant for an implementation science project (The MaNe project) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project is implemented in the slum communities and informal settlements in the divisions of Rubaga and Makindye in Kampala city.
The project initiates and tests innovative interventions/approaches to address the demand and supply side barriers affecting illness recognition, care seeking, effective referral and provision of quality care equitably for better MNH outcomes in urban slum settings in Kampala city.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the temporary role (with possibility of extension) of Project Health Services Coordinator for the MaNe project.
He/She will be responsible for implementation of MaNe project facility level strategies and activities with the goal of increasing demand for Maternal and Newborn services and growing the business performance of the project facilities.
He/She will provide marketing support and business advisory services to build sustainable private health facilities offering Maternal and newborn services.
The Project Health Services Coordinator will work cross-functionally within project facilities to maximize effectiveness and outcomes and works closely with multiple stakeholders to understand and effectively strengthen selected private for-profit clinics providing MNH through accreditation..
• Lead on organization of all partner meetings by preparing all the necessary agendas, contacting participants, prepare all requisitions for funds and logistics. Partners will range from health providers, ambulance owners and operators, ministry of health, KCCA staff and other implementing partners.
• He/she will be responsible for the daily management of the call center and ensure smooth running by call and dispatch agents.
• Ensure daily and periodic reporting about the functionality of the KCCA call center.
• He/she will compile reports on the 24-hour tracking on MNH referrals to and out public and private project facilities.
• He/she will support documentation of key lessons on the implementation research outcomes from the reflective learning meetings held both within the project team as well as with external partners.
• He/she will be a rapporteur for all project meetings and dialogues held and compile summary reports.
• Manage and maintain the MaNe office in line with KCCA and donor guidelines.
• Receive invoices and follows them through the prepayment process from the procurement office to various department for approvals and ensure all partners and vendors are paid in time.
• Management of MaNe project assets by ensuring all relevant information relating to each asset is entered into the database and is up to date.
• Tracking of assets movements by; assigning to staff allocated, partners, stakeholders and tracking change of ownership when an asset changes hands.
• Degree in Medicine and Surgery or Public Health.
• 3+ years of experience working at the supervisory level.
• Background in Social Franchise and project coordination role.
• Understanding of local healthcare and small and medium enterprises systems is a plus
• Experience in social marketing/franchising an added advantage.
What Would get us Excited
An individual with the following Key personal competencies.
• Influencing/Negotiation skills: Ability to understand both internal and customer perspectives to be able to build a win-win strategy for financial and value-based negotiation.
• Working Across Boundaries: Thinks and acts beyond one’s silo – bridges team, functional, divisional and/or geographical boundaries
• Strategic Thinking: Visualizes the way forward, identifying opportunities that add value to the work and to the business
• Project Management: Organizes work efforts by prioritizing tasks, using resources
• optimally, establishing appropriate deadlines and ensuring on-time delivery
• Productive Communication: Plans and delivers ideas and information to others in an impactful manner
• Strategic Business Management: Ability to set strategic plans, consider execution tradeoffs and continuously adjust approaches to maximize business performance.
• Highly self-driven and passionate about what they do
What We Are Looking For?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values
• Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
• Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
• Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
• Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm (1700H) on Monday July 6th, 2020.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.