Population Services International Project Administration Officer Jobs in Uganda
Population Services International Project Administration Officer Jobs in Uganda Who We ArePopulation Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization.
We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthy lives and plan the families they desire.
We’re reimagining healthcare, developing health market systems where more consumer voices, at all income levels, are shaping the development of increased consumer choices - where technology-driven, affordable, quality drugs, devices, diagnostics and information move closer to peoples’ communities and homes.
We believe consumer-powered healthcare is a cost-effective sustainable path toward health for all without financial hardship.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re a diverse group of professionals and entrepreneurs with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Population Services International (PSI) and Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) are implementing a three year grant for an implementation science project (The MaNe project) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project is implemented in the slum communities and informal settlements in the divisions of Rubaga and Makindye in Kampala city.
The project initiates and tests innovative interventions/approaches to address the demand and supply side barriers affecting illness recognition, care seeking, effective referral and provision of quality care equitably for better MNH outcomes in urban slum settings in Kampala city.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the temporary role (with possibility of extension) Administration Officer for the MaNe Project.
He/She will be responsible for preparing all logistics and funds for all planned project activities.
He/she will be primarily responsible for the welfare of the MaNe project team at City hall, call center staff and ensuring smooth running of call center operations..
• Lead on organization of all partner meetings by preparing all the necessary agendas, contacting participants, prepare all requisitions for funds and logistics. Partners will range from health providers, ambulance owners and operators, ministry of health, KCCA staff and other implementing partners.
• He/she will be responsible for the daily management of the call center and ensure smooth running by call and dispatch agents.
• Ensure daily and periodic reporting about the functionality of the KCCA call center.
• He/she will compile reports on the 24-hour tracking on MNH referrals to and out public and private project facilities.
• He/she will support documentation of key lessons on the implementation research outcomes from the reflective learning meetings held both within the project team as well as with external partners.
• He/she will be a rapporteur for all project meetings and dialogues held and compile summary reports.
• Manage and maintain the MaNe office in line with KCCA and donor guidelines.
• Receive invoices and follows them through the prepayment process from the procurement office to various department for approvals and ensure all partners and vendors are paid in time.
• Management of MaNe project assets by ensuring all relevant information relating to each asset is entered into the database and is up to date.
• Tracking of assets movements by; assigning to staff allocated, partners, stakeholders and tracking change of ownership when an asset changes hands.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social humanities e.g. Social sciences, Social Works, Development studies, Communication.
• Experience of at least 2 years in similar roles.
What Would Get Us Excited?
An individual with the following Key personal competencies
• Computer literacy in Microsoft office Suite and report writing.
• Ability to communicate effectively with good communication skills.
• Analytical and result-oriented.
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and community.
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
• Ability to be innovative and moving with current social trends.
What We Are LookinG For?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values
• Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
• Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
• Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
• Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Applications should reach us not later than 5.00pm (1700H) on Monday July 6th, 2020.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.