Platinum Careers Senior Data Scientist Jobs in Nigeria
Platinum Careers Senior Data Scientist Jobs in Nigeria
Senior Data Scientist A Commercial bank is looking for data scientists to join their organization. The Senior Data
Scientists will be key players in the Advanced Analytics group of the Organisation.
They will help the organisation:
• discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data,
• make smarter decisions to deliver even better products, services, improve our customer relationship as well as optimize our business processes.
The Senior Data Scientist’s primary focus will be in applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine
Learning (ML) / Data Mining (DM) techniques, doing Statistical Analysis (SA), and building high quality prediction models/systems integrated with our platforms to bring Business Value.
• Selecting building, optimizing AI/ML/DM/SA models, and operationalize them in productive environments
• AI/ML/DM/SA using state-of-the-art methods
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Extracting, Processing, cleansing, verifying the integrity and quality of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner; constantly tracking of models performance
• Integrate model outputs into business applications (like CRM, ERP), and Reporting/Dashboarding tools (Microsoft PowerBI, Reporting Services) or develop if needed web-based front-end layers
• Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
• Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
• Define and deliver metrics, reporting platforms, dashboards, and analytical models vital for tracking and managing the business
• Identify business challenges and initiate process improvement projects
• Facilitate the computerization of analytics and data collection processes
• Provide analyses for large datasets necessary for decisions using actionable insights
• Collaborate with Retail banking, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Operations, etc. to build scalable processes and metrics
• Responsible for carrying out complex analysis of datasets and conduct appropriate data validation
• Responsible for gathering and cleaning of datasets across multiple data sources
• Responsible for spotting vital insights and developing the framework of the organization’s data system
• Provide information on analytic results to business and functional leaders using visualizations to communicate data and metrics, including data maps, leveraging Tableau, etc.
• Coach and educate junior colleagues and new hires; build and deliver training programs/contents on AI/ML/DM/SA
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent understanding of AI/ML/DM/SA techniques and algorithms
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience with common data science toolkits/frameworks (TensorFlow, Spark ML, Azure ML) and solutions/languages, such as Python, Jupiter, Microsoft AI/ML platform/toolset, SQL-Server ML
• Minimum 10 years of experience in operationalizing in real life / production AI/ML/DM/SA solutions
• Great communication skills, and ability to educate business persons to become data driven
• Ability to uncover use cases from Retail Banking Business problems and needs; ability to translate business problems into AI/ML/Analytics use cases.
• Hands-on Experience with data visualization tools, such Microsoft PowerBI, as well as web front-end developments tools
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, as well as ETL tools (Microsoft SSIS, Informatica)
• Experience with Microsoft Big Data and AI platforms/solutions both on-premise and on Azure: SQL-Server Big Data Cluster, Azure Data Lake, Synapse Analytics, etc…
• Experienced on Cloud platforms, in particular Microsoft Azure; experience on Linux environments and scripting
• Minimum 5 years of Hands-on experience with Real-Time data Processing tool like Kafka, as well as with Spark
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, Deep Learning, etc.
• Good scripting and programming skills mainly using Python / Jupiter and leading AI/ML frameworks
• Data-oriented personality
• Excellent and hands-on experience on Oracle and MS SQL-Server, and overall database design principles
• Master's Degree in appropriate field of study with at least 10 years of equivalent work experience in the Retail Banking sector
• Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
• Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
• Ability to work independently and excellent team work spirit
• Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
• Familiar with database and BI/Machine Learning/AI concepts.
• Focus on results and delivery, with a positive and constructive mindset
• Ability to take direction and execute
• Familiar with Agile Project Management Methodologies
• Demonstrate advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
Skills & proficiencies:
• Familiar with Microsoft BI, Big Data and AI Platforms
• Big Picture Thinking
• Work Well Under Pressure
• Problem Solving
• Critical Thinking
• Relationship Building
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Platinum Careers Senior Data Scientist Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.