Plan International Talent Acquisition Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Plan International Talent Acquisition Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Purpose of the Function: Carry out recruitment and selection activities to ensure the management of the flow of
staff within the Enabel in Uganda projects and representation.
Enabel is growing rapidly and wants to become a key player in sustainable and Human development by offering cutting-edge expertise on high value-added projects.
As part of the development of our activities and the evolution of our Human Resources Management Strategy, we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to reinforce our team.
You will join a committed team which is committed to meeting the needs of the organization and contributions to sustainable projects that puts the interests of the people at the heart of the projects while taking care of the candidates.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will implement a qualitative talent acquisition process, attracting top expertise to meet the short, medium and long-term needs of our organisation in order to achieve Enabel’s
objectives. You search, recruit and select candidates for National positions locally within the context of Uganda.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
As Recruitment Specialist-30%
Execute recruitment activities in order to reach a maximum number of candidates, to inform them and to attract them by taking into account and delays in recruitment as well as emphasizing efficiency and effectiveness of the different recruitment channels.
• Prepare an annual recruitment plan for the Enabel in Uganda projects as well as the
Representation office based on the different needs;
• Together with the Project Managers and or responsible authorities draft and review job and
person profiles for new positions;
• Prepare recruitment requests for approval in the Human Resource Information system;
• Prepare Job adverts to be launched both internally and externally;
• Select the right recruitment channel taking into account efficiency and costs of using this channel;
• Ensure improvement of recruitment tools and administrative procedures used in order to attract
the right candidates.
As Selection Specialist-30%:
Perform selection activities in order to select the most competent candidates and to build up a solid administrative file in order to motivate the decision of the responsible authorities.
• Implement the indicated selection procedure for vacant positions as per Enabel policies;
• Receive, record applications for all open positions;
• Work with the HR recruitment firm to prepare a pre-selection list as per the policy;
• Work with the responsible authorities to finalise the candidate shortlist before contacting the selected candidates for interviews;
• Organise written/technical tests together with the responsible authorities;
• Organise and communicate to other members who will be part the oral interview panel;
• Invite the selected candidates who qualify for the oral interviews;
• Prepare an evaluation report for each recruitment process for approval and communicate to the responsible authorities after approval;
• Prepare reference checks for the most suitable candidate (s);
• Provide timely feedback to the candidates both successful and unsuccessful;
• Prepare a file for each recruitment process completed for Audit purposes.
Results area 3: As Quality Control Manager-10%:
Monitor and improve the quality of on-going selection processes using the appropriate selection criteria in order to guarantee and constantly improve the quality of selections.
• Work with the Procurement and contracting hub to tender qualified HR companies that will handle
the pre-selection processes;
• Control the quality of the selection procedures;
• Formulate proposals to improve selection and recruitment procedures;
• Develop and implement a recruitment policy for Enabel in Uganda;
• Run benchmarks with other Development partners to see how some elements can be
Results area 4: As Process and performance Manager-15%:
Participate in formulations in order to define from the on-set realistic and adequate job profiles for the new upcoming projects
• Participate in preparatory meetings for formulation of new projects;
• Read the draft Project technical files and formulation reports with respect to the Human Resources required for the new projects;
• Ensure that these profiles are in line with the Enabel salary scale and generic job descriptions are available;
• Work with the formulation Managers to finalise detailed Job descriptions for each position as per the Project organigram of the new project;
• Search the Labour market and advise if suggested expertise is available in the Labour market;
Results area 5: As Documentation Manager-10%:
Ensure proper organisation and archiving of HR documents in order to ensure quick accessibility and confidentiality of HR files and records.
• Open Employee files for newly recruited Enabel in Uganda Employees both hard copies and in
• Update and maintain staff files with hardcopy and electronic information of Employees;
• Ensure proper filing of all HR documents e.g. payroll, benefits documents, staff contracts,
• Develop and maintain and file reports on staff recruitment, exit and Employee relations hard and
Education and Qualifications:
• A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration with a bias towards
Human Resource Management.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is an added value.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Talent Management, Recruitment and Selection
processes with Development Agencies or in a relevant NGO setting;
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the Human Resource field.
Specific competences or knowledge required:
• You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation
(context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
• You have knowledge in Talent Management; how to attract the right expertise in a recruitment
• You have experience in using recruitment channels and the use of social media when launching job openings;
• Knowledge and Understanding of the Labour Laws of the Republic of Uganda;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with Professionalism and Diplomacy;
• Excellent Organisational skills and ability to pay attention to detail;
• You have very good information and communication technology skills (Excellent knowledge of MS
office and internet).
• You have experience and knowledge in Leadership and People Management.
• You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach.
• You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
• You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
• You are flexible and can work in a changing environment.
• Considering the working language of Uganda and the international environment in which you will
work, excellent knowledge of English is required;
• You are a fully registered member of the Human Resource Association of Uganda.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Plan International Talent Acquisition Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.