Plan International Regional Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Technical Lead Jobs in Zambia
Plan International Regional Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Technical Lead Jobs in ZambiaThe Opportunity Plan International has a zero-tolerance policy towards violence against those we serve (children, young people and adult beneficiaries) by our staff, associates and visitors. We are fully committed to providing a safe, protective and supportive environment for all and promoting their welfare, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and other differences.
To achieve greater change in children’s lives we are dramatically transforming how we operate, and we need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to support the countries teams, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to transform the lives of 100 million girls globally.
Plan International West and Central Africa Hub is located in Dakar (Senegal) and support 14 countries of which many are in emergency response situations (Burkina Faso, Niger, Mali, Cameroun, Central Africa Republic), helping vulnerable children, young people and their families to break the cycle of poverty. The Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Technical Lead will focus on improving and sustaining the quality and impact of programming and influencing activities within the WACA region in relation to Child Early and Forced Marriage (CEFM) and Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) with a particular focus on sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) through key inputs into regional and country level plans, proposals, the design of programmes and projects and monitoring and evaluation. Builds the capability in field of expertise of Plan’s staff and partners. .
Do you have what it takes?
Working closely with other members of the Global Technical Lead SRHR and countries technical advisors on CEFM and FGM, you will be accountable for overall quality of programme and influence work in countries in relation to SRHR:
• You will enhance the technical capability of technical professionals associated to our efforts to combat CEFM and FGM/C as well as other colleagues including front line staff and partners across West and Central Africa, using a rights-based approach to ending CEFM and FGM/C.
• You will develop innovative approaches to improve programme/ project design and delivery by bringing in learning from previous work and other African regions, such as from Plan International’s CoE on ending CEFM and teenage pregnancy in the Middle East, Eastern and Southern Africa region.
• You will increase effectiveness of resourcing and resource mobilization efforts through providing relevant technical inputs to proposal writing.
• You will generate, reviews and summarises the evidence and research on CEFM/FGM/C programme practices within Plan International and the development and humanitarian sector more broadly to continuously improve programme and policy within the region; including by initiating and advising on multi-country research
• You will work with MERL teams to recommend appropriate mix of measures, evidence and analytical methods, including methods to assess project and programme progress, outcomes and impact.
• You will ensure adherence to agreed SRHR policies and standards in region-wide work on CEFM/FGMC. • You will ensure Partnership and stakeholder engagement through the identification and assessment of strategic, multi-country technical partners and develop working relationships with them
• You will increase Plan’s external profile and influence by developing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders relevant to CEFM/FGM/C, including with INGOs, Inter-governmental organizations and private partners working at regional level.
• You will ensure that All SRHR programs/projects identify the range of risks that arise for children and young people in all their diversity, as well as the impact that programs/projects might have when they aim to challenge and change social norms and gender dynamics and implement effective risk reduction and mitigation measures
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Plan International Regional Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights Technical Lead Jobs in Zambia
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.