Plan International National Digitalization for Development Officer Jobs in Uganda
Plan International National Digitalization for Development Officer Jobs in Uganda
Partners: Enabel interventions and the beneficiary organisations line ministries (Ministry of
Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Ministry of Public Service, Ministry of Education and Sports, Ministry of Health, Ministry of information, Communications, Technology and National Guidance, Ministry of Water and Environment etc.)
Any specifics: The function is to support the SDHR intervention D4D initiatives but will be reporting to the D4D expert. He/she will work in collaboration with the ICT Officer and the M&E and Knowledge Management Expert.
The National Digitalisation for Development Officer Function covers 4 main tasks:
• Main Task 1: Coordinate the implementation of the D4D (Digitalisation for Development) activities of the SDHR intervention
• Main Task 2: Provide the necessary technical input for different D4D activities of the intervention
• Main Task 3: Coordinate the quality assurance as well as knowledge building and knowledge
management/sharing in the field of D4D at the intervention level.
• Main Task 4: Contribute to the development of the vision and strategy for D4D at program/project
level’ as part of the change process.
Task 1: As D4D Officer:
Realise the implementation of the interventions by providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities that falls under Digitalisation for Development in order to
ensure that the results are achieved within the set execution deadlines.
The D4D expert will be responsible for the implementation of the following activities:
In collaboration with the National Intervention Manger and the DVD expert:
• Contribute to the implementation of a strategy for a Learning Management System in the National
Teachers Colleges, Vocational Training Institutions and the SDHR beneficiaries in the sectors of Health, Education and water and environment, including the Ministry of Public Service.
• Contribute to the implementation of Digital Hubs in the Vocational Training Institutions and
one of the NTCs (to offer ICT-related services specifically the training in ICDL, installation of ICDL centres implementation of ICT Literacy training).
• Support the uploading of learning materials on the Enabel online platform to be accessed by the
• Analyse the ICT systems review reports and support the (digital readiness) of staff in the beneficially organisations.
• Constantly assess the availability of ICT equipment, status of internet connectivity, etc.) in order to improve the Beneficiary Organisation’s (BO’s) adaptation to D4D initiatives.
• Realise and adapt, where needed, the planning of D4D activities among the 20 beneficiary organisations.
• Prepare terms of reference and budget for the implementation of the D4D activities.
• Identify additional technical expertise required for implementing the D4D activities.
• Determine technical specifications for both soft and hardware when preparing procurement documents.
• Ensure permanent monitoring of D4D activities within the partner institutions and they transition from traditional processes to digital programs.
Task 2: As Technical Advisor:
Provide the necessary technical input in Digitalisation for Development in order to achieve the project’s technical performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards. The National D4D Officer will technically contribute to the following activities for which other team members are lead and responsible of:
• Give input on the roll out of different software used in 20 beneficiary organisations
• Support the SDHR training experts/consultants to design and develop online courses (Enrolment of
participants, monitoring performance and participation, reporting participation and following up the consultant’s timelines)
• Give technical support in the roll out of different software used in beneficiary organisations
• Coordinate all the online training activities including enrolment of participants, coordinating
communities of practice and master classes for the VTI students
• Analyse the D4D training needs and determine training delivery modalities
• Share recent interesting evolutions
in Digitalisation for Development and advise the National Intervention Manager on how to integrate these in the operations of the intervention
• Participate to scientific and technical forums in Digitalisation for Development
• Provide structured and comprehensible technical feedback regarding D4D activities to all team
Task 3: As Contributor to quality assurance and knowledge management
Ensure quality assurance of services and contribute to organising knowledge building and knowledge management/sharing in Digitalisation for Development.
• Continuously self-manage the improvement of knowledge on the basis of experience, with advice of sector and thematic experts and by being part of professional and/or scientific networks
• Produce factual data (evidence) about innovations and achievements and present them (posters, presentations at conferences, articles, etc.)
• Deliver the generated knowledge and factual data to the appropriate level
Task 4: As Facilitator of the change processes
Ensure capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organisation, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
• Ensure that the partners use a human cantered design approach to facilitate the introduction of
• Collect success stories related to D4D activities in collaboration with the M&E/Knowledge
management Expert and the Communication Officer.
• Work hand in hand with the other Enabel D4D Officers to come up with best practices in D4D
Expected results of the function:
• The D4D activities are well coordinated, implemented and reported on.
• Timely and quality technical input is provided to the different beneficiaries in the field of D4D.
• The D4D activities are documented for learning and institutionalization.
• The visibility of our actions in the field of D4D is adequate.
Contextual factors impacting the function:
This activity is 100% financed by the SDHR intervention.
The profile(COMPLEMENTING the Job architecture)
• Required: Master/Diploma in human sciences related fields (preferably in adults’ education,
educational sciences, development studies, human resources, sociology, etc.)
• Complementary asset: Degree in engineering or ICT or related field (such as Information
Technology, Business Computing)
Specific competences or knowledge required:
• Experience in implementing D4D activities in the public sector
• Experience in development of E-learning (management of online courses – specifically on a
learning management system, implementing course with a blended/hybrid approach, mobile
• Experience in Human Capacity Development
• Knowledge of the latest trends in education technology.
• Knowledge of Open Educational Resources (OER).
• Knowledge of how MOOCS (Massive Open online courses) operate.
• Very good Information and Communications Technology skills.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (excel, outlook, word, PowerPoint, Publisher) and internet.
• Ability to produce a wide range of communication materials, including PowerPoint presentations,
document layouts for both web and print.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset:
• Basic knowledge of project implementation cycle and project management.
• Awareness of/ or interest in Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence or Block Chain.
• Knowledge and/or experience in Gender Mainstreaming.
• Experience in knowledge management and/or organizational learning.
• Pro-activity: taking initiatives and responsibility at the same time.
• Patience, agility, flexibility, cooperation and collaboration skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Plan International National Digitalization for Development Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.