Peace Corps/Zambia Class B Cashier Jobs
Peace Corps/Zambia Class B Cashier JobsGeneral Description The U.S. Peace Corps is an agency that promotes international peace, friendship and sustainable development by providing trained men and women, Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs), to serve in countries that have requested assistance.
In PC Zambia, the Cashier will serve as a principal “Class B” Cashier and performs the full range of cashiering work on a full time basis, in compliance with Peace Corps regulations.
S/he handles financial transactions (collections, disbursements, etc) to Trainees, Volunteers, staff and vendors from the imprest fund via the Peace Corps accounting system (FORPOST).
The Cashier, supervised by the Director of Management and Operations (DMO), ensures that the fund is properly maintained.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following requirements:
• Education: Completion of secondary school and a diploma in accounting, finance or a related field is required. A University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field will be an added advantage.
• Prior work experience: The candidate must have at least three years progressively responsible experience in accounting, cashiering or book keeping in a fast paced, multi-cultural work environment. Previous professional work experience working with USG financial regulations for at least one year is preferred.
• Language proficiency: Level IV English ability (good working knowledge).
• Knowledge: A good working knowledge of financial transactions and accounting / bookkeeping vocabulary at a level sufficient to read and understand USG, Peace Corps regulations, policies and procedures.
• Skills and abilities: The ability to work independently, high level of honesty and integrity; courtesy, promptness and deference to customers; time management, attention to detail and ability to maintain a well-organized office. Must have very good computer skills; the use of internet, Microsoft office especially excel spreadsheets, must be comfortable enough with computers to catch on quickly to new software implementations. Must have the ability to work in a high volume productivity environment and handle issues promptly as required.
Excellent interpersonal skills. The person must feel comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues from multicultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Peace Corps/Zambia Class B Cashier Jobs
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.