Pathfinder International Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Pathfinder International Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Description Pathfinder is seeking a Chief of Party to lead an anticipated USAID-funded Health Systems Strengthening Activity in Kenya. The 5-year project will focus on providing support to strengthen health leadership and governance and health systems for quality and equitable service delivery. The project components will include.
Strengthening health systems governance.
Strengthening health partnerships,
Strengthening health financing and social protection systems,
Strengthening health supplies,
Strengthening health analytics, and
Strengthening health quality and human resources systems. Specifically, this Activity will focus on pulling together a group of related HSS functions that collectively contribute to system outcomes of equity, quality and resource optimization to positively and sustainably impact HIV/TB, FP/RMNCAH and malaria program outcomes in the delivery of services to all citizens, particularly the underserved and vulnerable populations.
The COP will lead project implementation in all counties targeted by the project and will work closely with county and sub-county Ministry of Health (MOH) counterparts to set priorities. S/he provides leadership and management support to county and sub-county-level project staff and ensures they are working in a coordinated, rational, and integrated way in the pursuit of project deliverables.
The COP will lead and actively participate in county and national level health systems strengthening policy and strategy discussions, including planning and progress review with other stakeholders, as appropriate. S/he also will provide methodological support and facilitation in the design, content development/adaptation, and delivery of effective learning strategies to positively impact performance. Finally, s/he also will lead the team in synthesizing learning from the project for dissemination of results.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
• Extensive experience in public health program management, health governance, health information systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, health informatics; private sector engagement, health policy formulation, advocacy for co-financing, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and family health or other field related to international health programs are required.
• USAID program experience is a must with significant experience as a Chief of Party on a USAID funded project or other donor-funded development project.
• Experience in devolved systems strengthening, partnership building, particularly with the private sector, public sector, academia, donors, and community organizations.
• Experience in institutional capacity building for high impact
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with USAID or other donor planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure
• Experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex development projects
• Experience working in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs). Experience in Kenya and/or East Africa region preferred.
• Attention to detail
and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required timeframe.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
• Ability to anticipate, respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
• Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili required
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Strong computer skills in accounting software systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
• Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrix organization.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
• Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating large scale health service delivery projects in a developing country with USAID programs.
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing and/MSc or relevant field is a plus.
• Ten (10+) years of experience in administrative leadership of large-scale, complex, USAID programs.
• Proven experience in the successful implementation of health system strengthening projects
• Working knowledge of and prior experience with USAID awards
• Excellent team management, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
• Advanced cross-cultural sensitivity, including experience working and communicating with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment; ability to promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Pathfinder International Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.