PATH District TB Officer, Eradicate TB Jobs in Zambia
PATH District TB Officer, Eradicate TB Jobs in Zambia
Job Description PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is leading a vibrant consortium of Zambian and international organizations that will collaborate closely with Zambia’s MoH, the NTB, the private sector, and other partners to support the eradication of TB in Zambia. Funded by USAID and focusing on six (Copperbelt, Central, Muchinga, Northern, North-Western and Luapula) of Zambia’s 10 provinces, the five-year Eradicate TB contract aims to increase the number of individuals screened for TB by 50% and increase the TB treatment success rate to 85% in targeted provinces. The four key tasks of Eradicate TB are to:
Pursue high-quality DOTS expansion and enhancement
Address TB-HIV, MDR-TB, and the needs of poor and vulnerable populations in six provinces
Engage all categories of care providers
Enable and promote research.
PATH is seeking a District TB Officer who will be seconded to the District Health Offices in Kabwe. The position will report to the TB Technical Specialist based at the Central provincial Health Office. This contract is up to May 2022.
Ensure effective program planning and management
• Support the District in planning to ensure that TB activities are in line with the national TB strategic and operations plan and ensure that these are integrated into the district annual plan and budget.
• Coordinate with partners supporting TB programs in the district.
• Debrief district and other relevant stakeholders on TB/HIV performance in the district.
Ensure effective supervision, mentorship, and performance management of TB service delivery
• Support dissemination of standards of care for susceptible TB, DR-TB, TB-HIV, and pediatric TB case detection, diagnosis, and treatment to health facilities.
• Conduct technical supervision to health facilities, document findings, and address performance issues.
• Lead efforts to ensure quality in TB service delivery and diagnostics at district, facility, and community levels.
• Participate in mentoring TB service providers to build capacity and skills in high-quality TB service delivery.
• Ensure that all patients are started on treatment within 7 days of diagnosis according to National Strategic Plan guidelines.
Oversee high-quality data collection, management, and reporting for TB
• Collect TB service delivery data from private (general practitioners) and public health facilities and community partners and ensure it is adequately entered into the National TB and Leprosy Control Program database, the project’s instance of DHIS2, and other databases as required.
• Conduct field visits to follow up on missing or questionable data and mentor to staff to address data quality issues.
• Ensure completeness, correctness, and timeliness of quarterly report submissions.
• Participate in the implementation of community monitoring and evaluation in the district.
Support management of district TB-related commodities and stocks
• Support the monitoring and distribution of stocks to prevent stockouts of anti-TB medicines and laboratory supplies and consumables.
• Support appropriate logistic and supply management at the district level.
Support the coordination of TB training and
staff orientation in the district
• Support the orientation of new TB staff to TB-related tasks and responsibilities.
• Identify training needs of different categories of staff for different services.
• Plan and coordinate TB/HIV training in the district.
• Coordinate and participate in the timely collection and analysis of all supported facilities’ program performance data; document best practices and success stories.
• Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic performance reports; conduct basic data analysis and interpretation as required for program support and for reporting.
• Collaborate with other M&E and technical staff to interpret data and adjust implementation strategies accordingly to maximize impact.
• Contribute to the improvement of Health Information Systems (HIS), M&E activities, and data quality by undertaking visits to districts/facilities as needed to support and/or mentor data collection/collation or verify data quality or carry out spot checks/views.
• Participate in strengthening existing M&E system for the project.
• Ensure accuracy of entered data and compare it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
• Ensure M&E database is up to date.
• Provide guidance and support to the M&E team in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, data quality, analysis, and reporting on program indicators.
• Participate in the training of project staff and MOH staff in monitoring of activities based on indicators and targets set out in the performance monitoring plan.
• Support the coordination and execution of events in the department, such as organizational project learning by developing, collecting, and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation, and research.
• Support team in developing data visualizations and use of data visualizations at provincial and district level.
• Establish strong working relationships with key managers dealing with M&E/information management and provide support to the program to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
Diploma in Clinical Health Services or equivalent academic degree, MPH desirable.
Minimum three (03) years of experience in health services provision. Experience in TB control is required.
Ability to conduct trainings and build capacity in TB control, including DOTS and MDR-TB case-finding, diagnosis, and treatment.
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain schedules for deliverables with excellent attention to details.
Exemplary interpersonal skills to facilitate relations with the Government and local partners.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Excellent report writing skills.
Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills.
Familiarity working with international organizations is preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; PATH District TB Officer, Eradicate TB Jobs in Zambia
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.